• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pro rmk vs summit t3

Fastrack

Veteran
So guys I'm looking to get a 2 stroke to go along my nytro but I'm having a hard time deciding. All I read about is poo and doo guys bashing each other so I thought I would ask opinions on a neutral site :). I think the pro handles better but I'm a bit worry with reliability. But I would think that by now they have fixed the issues with the belt drive and engine. Summit is just not as much fun to ride imo but I trust it to get me home like my Yamaha does. What do you guys think?

I have heard good things about the belt drive and that it has been improved. The new 800 apparently hauls the mail. I live in a area where Polaris tests there sleds and have never heard of them having issues being towed back to the US. I live on the Manitoba border with Minnesota and the plant is approx. 20 mins away, so I see the test riders quite often and the new axys weeks before its release lol. You have already somewhat answered your question really lol if you like the RMK go with it, if your worried about engine reliability extend your warranty.

Not sure if you could go wrong with either.
The etec is likely the better 2s motor and the pro likely has the edge chassis wise ... picked up 2 2013 pro rmk 600's for this winter and have close to 1000 miles on each with no issues ... no big difference in fuel usage compared to the nytros we sold .... smelly / fume at start up but once warmed up there was minimal smell / smoke.
Coming from Nytro & Phazers, the Pro chassis is amazing at getting up on the snow. 600 power was decent but not arm wrenching like the nytro torque but more than the phazer (ride off trail sea level to 3000' so don't really need 800 or boost).

Haven't tried a doo other than a 600 Ace Expedition - might pick up one for next year as a 2 up.

any brand of sled can leave you stranded ... only issues we had this season involved the 4s phasers (start solenoid on one and shorted wire on the other) ... so far so good with the belt & belt drive setup (happy face and 2014 belt updates done)!

Hope to try out a Viper at some point for comparison sake.

I'm not fond of the Skidoo chassi (Personal prefferance) but a buddy of mine just bought a 14' Poo and it truly is a great chassi and motor. He came off a Nytro. I just bought a 14' Proclimb 600 and its a BLAST to ride. I'm selling my Apex to a buddy.

I went with the Pro. The chassis just felt better for me. No problems so far, but I don't have a ton of miles on it yet. I can attest that it will do a 30 or 40 second WFO pull under full load in about 4 ft of pow. I'll admit I was wondering if something was going to let go by the end of it... LOL

All three 2 stroke manus have pretty awesome offerings right now. The 14 M8000 really impressed me. I think you will find you pay a pretty big premium to get a T3 over a Pro though.

Well my Phazer blew a rod on the big twin so I picked up a 2012 RMK 800 and all I can say is WOW. Very nibble like the Phazer but way lighter after a couple good rides the fatigue is like nilly. The Motor well coming from a Phazer anything is big but the 800 is an animal. Handles very much like the Phazer chassis just without the tip effect. I really like the minimal listic and access through side panels is good. The 2012 is 440 Lbs dry weight the 2013 is 417 Lbs dry weight. In the bush weight is always revealed in the body at the end of the day I like this thing.

The guy who talked me into the RMK was a brand loyal Ski Doo guy and owns his own Motorsports buisness. He was sick of all the crank issues on the Ski Doo motors and jumped ship to his 2014 Pro RMK. After several rides out west and locally in the UP he really loved the chassis and overall ability. That is a hard pill for him to put down but the proof is in the body at 45 years old. I really liked my Yammi but when it died another choice was evident for the type of riding I do good luck on your choice.

They upated the pro 800 motors a few times even the 14's are different then the 13's
I love my pro800.The ski doo is a very nice sled but the pro rmk handles better but when you go to short track trail sleds which is a whole different chasis the ski doo is better.For an all around mountain sled Polaris has it nailed. Its all in the type of riding you do.If I rode strictly trail an Apex would be my number 1 choice.

Back