• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Is the rad fan supposed to remain on when the sled is off

terez

Expert
Is the rad fan supposed to stay on when the sled is shut off??

I mean if it has come on as its suppose too when the sled is too hot should it stay on when the sled is turned off?
I can't hear the damn thing when the sled is on...only way to sorta tell if its on is if the hot air is blowing up from the rear of the rad??

On other sleds and my street bike the fan will stay on if its running when the machine is on and then shut off and stay on till the temp gets below the hot point.

The key and kill switch need to be in the on positions for the fan to fun. Kill either one and the fan will die. The motor does not need to be running for the fan to run.

Fan only runs when the sled is running. Turning the key on will not turn the fan on. Least that's the way mine is..

If the fan relay fails in the closed circuit position the fan could run without the key and kill switch in the run position. Normally the fan will operate only when the engine is running and a control signal from the ECU is present at the fan relay.

Back