• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Calliper rubbing on rotor

TURBLUE

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
Sidewinder MTX
I can figure out why my rotor is rubbing on the outside of the brake calliper. Doesn't look like anything has moved. Spacers are as follow from Chaincase out
Set screw collar, norrow collar, rotor, 2 shims and snap ring. It's almost like I need washers between the calliper mounting flange to move it out a bit.

imagejpg2_zpsa2e59926.jpg

No parking brake on sled anymore .....not sure. I will take a picture today of the rotor see if it bent.......

caliper

Ski doos do this all the time when they bend the tunnel, since the brake is down low.
Maybe you tweaked something.

Well I did have a catastrophic failure on my secondary. But not sure how that would affect it.

imagejpg1_zpse73df829.jpg

I had the chain case off .....everything looks good....being the jack shaft is supported by bearings on each end.....I doubt it's bent....also I'm pretty sure it was rubbing before the clutch explosion. Was climbing chutes and noticed coming down a really grinding noise. Also seem like the sled didn't want to free wheel when we towed it out. I noticed it then.

I'm thinking those two cal. pistons are froze up , if just one side is working your cal won't be centered on rotor ....

So take the cal apart and clean it and put new seals in ....

Back