• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Dupont slides or wheels

Scratchers are great unless there is only gravel to scratch. When on a bare 10-15 km road run Dupont. Sliders and big wheels are the way to go.

Tyloooor said:
i have the 135mm id wheels with a set of white yamaha sliders and they haven't moved yet (3200 miles)

After seeing what the duponts did to my track in 1500 miles I am going this route next season. Does anyone have a part# for the white slides?

Has anyone used the OFT 135 wheels? I'm looking at those.
I have to agree that the Dupont will chew up the track if you don't fully clip or have larger wheels.

Dodge Ram said:
Has anyone used the OFT 135 wheels? I'm looking at those.

I haven't but looking them up, seems to be only billet wheels, no rubber on them. My only concern would be them freezing up and either cutting into the track or the wheels getting ground down, just like the original Phazer upper idlers.

I have the 135 Excel wheels. There great.

I put on the DuPont hyfax recently, been thinking about the excel kits. Which one do you all feel is best for the XTX? I was thinking about the 6 wheel kit and moving my small marginal wheel kit to the front of the rail and leaving the inside wheels stock size...

I put on the DuPont hyfax recently, been thinking about the excel kits. Which one do you all feel is best for the XTX? I was thinking about the 6 wheel kit and moving my small marginal wheel kit to the front of the rail and leaving the inside wheels stock size...

I stock the x wheels and will include the mounts and hardware at no charge for the extra two wheels if you decide to go that route.

I am not a fan of the small wheels as the bearings don't last due the high rpm they spin.

I stock the x wheels and will include the mounts and hardware at no charge for the extra two wheels if you decide to go that route.

I am not a fan of the small wheels as the bearings don't last due the high rpm they spin.

Dumb question then, do the marginal wheel mounts work for the x wheels? If I buy six where do they mount? Are the 8 wheel kits meant to replace the two inner wheels and six wheel kits meant to do just the outer wheels?

The marginal wheel mounts will not work with the x wheels. Stock the xtx has 6 wheels. The 8 wheel kit adds two extra wheels. These two extra wheels get mounted on inside using the front hole of the rail stiffener. I have an xtx skid in my vector and can get a pic if you would like.

Has anyone noticed a loss of top speed with adding extra wheels? I read somewhere that adding wheels, or bigger wheels, will hurt top end. It makes sense in theory because the bigger wheel will now have a harder time rolling over the fiberglass rods that go across the track. Or is that just getting too technical.

ummm, it would be just the opposite, larger wheels roll easier, and the larger diameter wheels prevent the track from flexing as much, thus reducing the resistance from that. Look at any of the drag sleds and they run very large wheels.

Back