• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Klim F4 Helmet

Gone Blue

VIP Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
08' Nytro RTX 40th Anniversary - Stretched
Is anyone using one of these for trail riding? I have seen some closeout prices on these and was thinking about picking one up. They are light carbon fiber like the 509. However, I am a little concerned that they might be a cold ride with all of the vents. I read that they have some kind of liner to close off the vents but wonder how well it works. I ride currently with an open face HJC and have not been cold down to zero weather. Thanks for your input.

G.B.

I have an F4, its a great helmet! Lightweight and comfortable. It does have a cold weather liner that does a good job of closing off the vents, just make sure you have a good balaclava. This winter it was extremely cold, -30 celcius in Jan and Feb, I had to tape off the front vents in the chin, other than that I'm happy with mine.

I really like my F4 but anytime it under 15 degrees the BV2S comes out. The drawback to any open face/google combo is peripheral vision is not even in the same league with the BV2S.

Nice helmet - cool for warm spring days but cold in winter without liner & / good balaclava.
Picked up 2 last year at decent price.

Gone Blue said:
Is anyone using one of these for trail riding? I have seen some closeout prices on these and was thinking about picking one up. They are light carbon fiber like the 509. However, I am a little concerned that they might be a cold ride with all of the vents. I read that they have some kind of liner to close off the vents but wonder how well it works. I ride currently with an open face HJC and have not been cold down to zero weather. Thanks for your input.

G.B.

Gone Blue

What Radianguy didnt tell you was that his Klim F4 catches the wind like a kite and whenever we race he cant catch me! :jump: :tg: :-o

My son has a 509 with 509 googles which seals real well as I have Scott snow googles. I should try Klim googles for a better fit. With both use Klim balaclava's.

newfie09xtx said:
Gone Blue said:

G.B.

Gone Blue

What Radianguy didnt tell you was that his Klim F4 catches the wind like a kite and whenever we race he cant catch me! :jump: :tg: :-o

I hate when that happens!

G.B.

Back