• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Team Fast 136" M20 - 2011+ Apex XTX (Version 1.0)

yamahatd said:
2004 rev 600sdi with 800mi.
Wow! That will be a good sled for him!

Soldier'spapa,
I've been looking at some Apex SE pictures and I may have something for you to look at:

The bolt with the yellow circle was an empty, unused hole on the tunnel of my Apex XTX, but it's used on the SE. I used that empty hole to mount the M20 drop bracket so I wouldn't have to drill any more holes through my tunnel than necessary. Just looking at the pictures, the stock SE rear arm mounts real close to where the M20 rear arm mounts. I wonder if the stock SE drop bracket could be used to mount the M20 as is, or be slightly modified without replacing it??? That would save a ton of work! How far back and down does your rear arm mount from the hole with yellow circle? Do you or anyone reading this have any pictures of Apex SE rear drop brackets from inside the tunnel with skid removed?

I'm thinking the M20 mounts real close to your stock hole. I'm not sure the stock drop brackets are compatible with the M20 swing arm, but all this is definitely worth checking into.

SE.jpg
Drop bracket.jpg

Last edited:
Irv,
Here is a link to installing an M20. I'm not certain if your stock rear drop brackets look the same, but the pictures show what the basics would be to install this skid into your '08 Vector; I think your sled has the same tunnel.
http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles ... nstall.htm

northernsledder.jk said:
Soldier'spapa,
I've been looking at some Apex SE pictures and I may have something for you to look at:
The bolt with the yellow circle was an empty, unused hole on the tunnel my Apex XTX. I believe that hole is used on the SE. I used that empty hole to mount the M20 drop bracket so I wouldn't have to drill any more 3/8" holes than necessary.

Just looking at the pictures, the stock SE rear arm mounts real close to where the M20 rear arm mounts. I wonder if the stock SE drop bracket could be used to mount the M20 as is, or be slightly modified without replacing it??? That would save a ton of work! How far back and down does your rear arm mount from the hole with yellow circle? Do you or anyone reading this have any pictures of Apex SE rear drop brackets from inside the tunnel with skid removed?

I'm thinking the M20 mounts real close to your stock hole. I'm not sure the stock drop brackets are compatible with the M20 swing arm, but all this is definitely worth checking into.

Thanks for the reply and all the info!

Glad you had a nice trip south... Happy wife - Happy life!

I am thinking of (possibly) going to a 136. I Currently have a studded track and have experienced rear heat exchanger interference. I had to modify the protectors at the exchanger and support the protector brackets front to rear on the 128 setup.

I will not be around my sleds until Memorial day weekend so I can't confirm any mount locations till then.

If I go to 136 I'll likely go to a pre-studded Ice Attack track or leave it un-studded. Any Idea if I need to extend the tunnel and move the exchanger back if I go to 136?

I do like the Float II's on the front especially with Hygears Dual Pressure Resi's. I am always (it seems) looking to improve upon things so perhaps a change in the front will be in order sometime in the future.

Soldier'spapa said:
Thanks for the reply and all the info!

Glad you had a nice trip south... Happy wife - Happy life!

I am thinking of (possibly) going to a 136. I Currently have a studded track and have experienced rear heat exchanger interference. I had to modify the protectors at the exchanger and support the protector brackets front to rear on the 128 setup.

I will not be around my sleds until Memorial day weekend so I can't confirm any mount locations till then.

If I go to 136 I'll likely go to a pre-studded Ice Attack track or leave it un-studded. Any Idea if I need to extend the tunnel and move the exchanger back if I go to 136?

I do like the Float II's on the front especially with Hygears Dual Pressure Resi's. I am always (it seems) looking to improve upon things so perhaps a change in the front will be in order sometime in the future.
Mrsled extended his 128" Apex to 136". Here's a link showing his tunnel extension etc.
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php? ... highlight=

northernsledder.jk said:
Irv,
Here is a link to installing an M20. I'm not certain if your stock rear drop brackets look the same, but the pictures show what the basics would be to install this skid into your '08 Vector; I think your sled has the same tunnel.
http://www.totallyamaha.com/snowmobiles ... nstall.htm

Thanks for the info and link NS. ;)!

Going to think this over for a while as I am uncertain which way I want to go?
I am considering at Vector LTX with EPS (new non current) which are very hard to find new! Or I might go the Doo route and get a 1200 Renegade with R-Motion?

I did find a used M20 on a local for sale sight but the owner hasn't gotten back to me yet. If he does, and it's a good deal, then that might be enough to persuade me.

Thanks again.

I ordered some parts and plan on starting work for adding the ski shocks to the air pump system. I'm not able to mount the ski solenoids where I would like due to the fuel rail etc, so I'm going to remove and modify a section of the headlight bracket (red). I'm shooting for a modular assembly that will come apart with little effort to make engine service easier. I'll post more as I get it done...cheers! :Rockon:

solenoid.jpg
solenoids and switch.jpg
Apex headlight bracket.jpg

Last edited:
smoothride said:
What happened to all the farming? Lol
I think this year is becoming a repeat of last year...we are rained out! It gets dry enough to work for a day or two, then rains again.
We're mowing grass though, lol!

I ordered the Diamond package M-20 from Fast yesterday. I'm keeping the 128" studded track for at least this next season. Let the summer mods begin!

That's great! I hope you can re-use your stock rear drop brackets, or at least not have to go through the trouble I did. Brian at Fast is real good to work with if you have trouble.

Did you order the Compac compressor that mounts to the tunnel? If so, I'll give you this plate (below) I made to mount it. Look at page 5 on my build. It shows exactly where it goes. You can drill out a few rivets and use existing holes in the chassis without drilling any new holes. Let me know and I'll mail it to you.

Post up pictures of your work as you go. I'd like to see the differences in mounting to the 128" sled. PM me if you have any questions.

20130619_083028.jpg

Last edited:
Hum... Brian and I didn't talk about compressor location. I was planning on under hood mounting so it looks like a phone call Monday morning is in order to verify this?? Thank you Joe for the offer of the plate! That was quite generous!

IMO, under the hood would be best.

Soldier'spapa sent me some pics of the M20 installation on his 128" Apex. He was able to sandwich his M20 drop backets in between the stock drop brackets and the tunnel...what a ton of work this saves! Makes me wonder if this could not have been done on my XTX?
Looks great and thanks for letting me post your pics! ;)!

IMG_0394_zpse56c82bc.jpg
get-attachment (19).jpg
soldier 2.jpg

Back