• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

garminmontana 600 joining tracks

I have a garmin montana 600 and would like to join many tracks together to make one. I fooled around with base camp a bit but can't figure out how to do this. Anyone here know how. Also how do you erase a portion, example, if I have a portion that I backtracked on is there any way to erase just the back track. I was hoping for something like an eraser such as on a pc paint program and just erase what you don't want.

In basecamp you select the track and get the detailed window up (double click the track to do this) and then select an entry within the window. Once you select the entry you should see a corresponding highlighted area on the map. Delete the ones you don't want.

To link tracks, I've never tried this but you could probably open double click the one you want to link to another, select all points within the detailed window, copy (ctrl-c), close the window, select the track you want to add to, find the point you want to add to and the paste (ctrl-v). repeat as desired....

I just tried it and it definitely works. Additionally, as you select multiple entries, a track is drawn on map window to illustrate what you have selected for either copy or delete.

Full view pic...

upload_2014-12-7_18-16-41.png

Select track collection from library (upper left Mt Valin in this example)
Select the track you want to modify (delete from, copy from or add to). Feb 23-12....in this example. Double click on it and the map will automatically zoom to capture entire track and op up the details window (above with all the blue selected)
Select the area of the track on the map that you want to delete and it will automatically be highlighted in the details window.
select it in the details window and you will see the point highlighted on the map.
move up or down to adjust where you are on the track. If you hold up arrow or down area, the highlight will move on the map area effectively allowing you to play back your trip.
Once you get to where you want to start the modification, hold shift down while moving up or down and the entries will be selected. If you look on the map you will see a thick orange section that corresponds to the blue selected entries in the details window. If I were to hit delete the entries would be deleted. If I were to hit ctrl-c, the entries would be copied and available for me to paste into desired location of another track.

Hope this helps....
press ctrl and c to copy or "delete" as desired...

Back