• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

skid issue

MA03RX1ER

Pro
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 SR Viper XTX and 2003 RX1 w/MTN Conversion
I've got an 03 that is converted to a mountain. Mountain skid, mountain brackets, the whole nine. Rode it a couple years and had the hyfax replaced as it was wearing bad toward the front. Did some maintenance recently and noticed the front of the skid is extremely tight to the track. I have the front shock backed off all the way and the limiter straps sucked up 100 percent. Any suggestions on how to get more pressure off the front of the skid?

Both holes are actually present in the tunnel. The front mount on a shorty mounts at the front of the footwell where the mountain sits about 3"behind the end of the footwell. I'm thinking it's an issue with the skid itself as when I first put it together I had plenty of slack in the track and I ran it loose. Now it's tight as can be.

They do ride tight. It starts to wear hyfax quick then settles. I have set my defection at 1.5" and seems to reduce some of the wear.

Back