• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Why not tube frame sled????

I have always thought Yamaha copied the Redline when the RX1 came out. I bought the Vector (red version) because of it's similarities to the Revolt. I wasn't completely pleased with the sled. Broke it's rear suspension, seat not very plush unless sitting in one spot only. But, I did like the solid feel of the sled. That is also what I like about the Redline. I also love the heavy-duty suspension. The seating position doesn't bother me at all. Yamaha should have copied EVERY SINGLE ASPECT of the Redline. Riveting a sheet-panel aluminum tunnel to an aluminum tube and cast forged engine bay was it's downfall (not to sound too dramatic). It should have been a tube-chassis sled. With a massive suspension design. Forget about the weight. Baja 1000 trucks don't care about the overall weight. Now imagine an Apex engine mounted in a Redline chassis....it's gotta be amazing.

actionjack said:
Almost looks like a Sno Scoot with an Expert X. Angle of attack of the track looks awesome for planing up on the snow.
The main difference between the Redline's rear suspension and the Expert X is the fact that the rear shock doesn't mount to the sled's chassis in a Revolt. It mounts to the suspension swing-arm. The Expert attaches the shocks to the tunnel. So, where the bump's "forces" are introduced into the chassis are in very different ways. Boy, that reads awkwardly.

Back