• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

SCHMIDT BROS. AIR BOX MOD

hognit09 said:
Gonna go with either the k&n or hurricane lid mod, prolly the lid mod. Shadow44 how much weight did you have to add to your drag n flys, and were did you add the weight, tryin to get a starting point for my 2-speed weights

I used Turks black spring recipe exactly as he laid it out, I have it if you want it but I don't think you can use it as a starting point for for the 2 speeds....2 totally different animals.

I'm running black spring and 2 washers in the spur with a stock track, but if you're not heavy enough (250 lbs+) or studded I'd recommend 1 washer or you'll spin out any time you pin it. 2-speeds pull very hard.

I'm running 2 washers in flip, but with the hindle I'm prolly gonna have put more on there or in mid or tip. Running 136" track

harveywallbanger said:
would k@n filters with pre filters be better than air box mods

The Hurricane air box mod flows about the same as K&Ns...making similar hp gains. The advantage of the air box mod is it allows for stock fit and finish...therefore the air box sensors does not have to be relocated or zip tied anywhere

harveywallbanger said:
would k@n filters with pre filters be better than air box mods

I can't compare the two options but I have used Ulmer racing K&N;s on my Nytro without any issues. There is a weight loss difference with going to K&N filters plus more room with in the engine bay if you ever have to get around it. Loved to hear the loud intake every time throttle body opens up although, some prefer the quiet sound!

shaddow44 said:
hognit09 said:
Gonna go with either the k&n or hurricane lid mod, prolly the lid mod. Shadow44 how much weight did you have to add to your drag n flys, and were did you add the weight, tryin to get a starting point for my 2-speed weights

I used Turks black spring recipe exactly as he laid it out, I have it if you want it but I don't think you can use it as a starting point for for the 2 speeds....2 totally different animals.

HC BLACK spring is perfect with 2 speed weights for smoothest engagement possible using stock rollers. Simple washer or two in heel with stock secondary and you will be smiling. Found 14.5mm rollers to be too aggressive of shift curve with these weights.

Back