• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

** PICS** Ski-Doo Pilot 6.9 Skis on My Attak WOW !!

Slush Monster

Expert
Hi guys... Got the 6.9 pilot skis on my Attak now. What a differance. I was having some darting before and wanted to get more floatation with out added steering effect. These did the trick. They are also a lot lighter than the factory skis. Very cool design with the 2nd carbide a little higher than the center one so it steers nice but still grabs to stop darting. I love these skis! Plus I was able to get the blue ski tips so it looks stock and not like an add on. I got the ski-doo mount kit that came with the carbides and rubber blocks that fit the yamaha's, did a little trimming at the rear of the blocks. The stock yamaha bolt can be used. :D Also instead of poping out one bushing and moveing it to the outside I turned each bushing down a little bit on my lathe to get the right fit.

Attachments

• Attak 014 (2).jpg
    Attak 014 (2).jpg
    60.8 KB · Views: 246
  • Attak 010 (2) (2).jpg
    Attak 010 (2) (2).jpg
    44 KB · Views: 207
  • Attak 016 (2).jpg
    Attak 016 (2).jpg
    50.6 KB · Views: 208
  • Attak 009 (2) (2).jpg
    Attak 009 (2) (2).jpg
    72.6 KB · Views: 251

Looks great how much carbide are you running,i am running 6 outside and 4 inside on my older precisions and my bud was told by two doo dealers you cant retrofit them right onto any other sled at this time,because doo does not make the retro kit to bolt right on..but looks like you found a way,cool..

I look forward to a report on these ski's in the durability dept. There's quite an extensive report on snowmobileworld.com on these and apparently aren't holding up too well. The tester went from recommending them the first weekend out to warning guys to stay away from them.

before switching to the pilot skis you should read what they are saying about them on dootalk. some guys the skis are junk at 300 miles . on the outside of the ski at the bend there is a thin area , and at that spot it is wearing and breaking. people are trying to get a recall.

TT670 said:
I hope they last for you. Go to dootallk and see how well theyre holding up... Theres quite a few durability complaints already.

Yep I saw that before I bought these. My brother has these on his new summit so I was able to get a look at them. There is a spot that is a little thin but as you know the internet is not always the best place to get overall reviews. If you hit rocks and such then yes there might be a issue. Some people can destroy anything than blame the company for not makeing them tough enough. I was kind of surprised at how light weight they were, for me this is a good thing. I run my sled on snow or snow covered trails not dirt, so for me thay are great. Light, steer easy and best of all stoped the darting. So far mine show 0 % wear at the spot people have said is to thin. (300 miles on the new skis).

welterracer said:
Im curious as to how well they handle..

DO you ride aggressively on hard pack trails?

Off trail mostly but some easy rideing on the trails. A little push and no darting. They steer somewhat easy.

mnmsnowbeast said:
Looks great how much carbide are you running,i am running 6 outside and 4 inside on my older precisions and my bud was told by two doo dealers you cant retrofit them right onto any other sled at this time,because doo does not make the retro kit to bolt right on..but looks like you found a way,cool..

I got the mount kit from a doo dealer. This kit contains carbides (4") ,sevaral differant mounting blocks, some rivits to mount the ski tips and the ski bolt. The rubber blocks fit the yamaha perfect but you will need to cut abought 1/4 inch off the rear. To mount just pop out one bushing and install it on the out side of the ski or turn down each bushing shoulder on a lathe.

Instead of forcing them to fit that slightly wider than ski-doo yamaha spindle, all you had to do is reverse one of the metal bolt inserts. I hope you shimmed up the concave area under the mount till it was flat for the snubber.

Slush Monster said:
mnmsnowbeast said:

I got the mount kit from a doo dealer. This kit contains carbides (4") ,sevaral differant mounting blocks, some rivits to mount the ski tips and the ski bolt. The rubber blocks fit the yamaha perfect but you will need to cut abought 1/4 inch off the rear. To mount just pop out one bushing and install it on the out side of the ski or turn down each bushing shoulder on a lathe.
Pics of what you are talking about would be great. Bushings etc...

Yea i had them on my Rx1 for about 200 miles, great on the trial! But SUCKED bad off the trail my sled would just sink.

Skydog

Back