• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Attak GT's are Rollin in!!!... Just got the call!

Soldier'spapa

Lifetime Member
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2018 Sidewinder Ltx LE 50th Anniversary
Yes boys...they are here in August! :-o :-o

Just hung up the phone....Dan at Highlands will have it ready for pick-up tomorrow at 2:00 (07 Attak GT....Red). Just how far north will I have to trailer it to find snow???? JK.

Dan asked me if I wanted them to set it up with a battery cable remote extension and the automatic battery maintenance charger. It sounded like a good Idea so I said yes. Anyone using them?

My dealer mentioned they would be putting on a cable for the battery when they put the sled together for me. It sounds like a good idea, and I will be buying the Yamaha tenders, I've heard, I think here on TY, that thet were nice little units.

I'm thinking about making it so they can mount somewhere in my covered trailer so i can just run an extension cord out there and give them some juice if they sit for more than a week.

Soldier'spapa said:
Dan asked me if I wanted them to set it up with a battery cable remote extension and the automatic battery maintenance charger. It sounded like a good Idea so I said yes. Anyone using them?

Hopefully getting my Attak GT soon but I have never heard of either of those battery ??accessories and I'm not really sure what they are. Why did you decide to get them and how much were they?

Probably talking about the Optimate charger battery lead (which is considered a Yamaha accessory.) If the dealer installs the quick-attach lead on during sled setup, you can just plug & play to keep the battery charged as needed. Easier than messing with alligator clips or removing the entire battery which isn't as easy to access.

It's a good idea in my opinion...I believe $55 or so for the charger if memory serves. I took it as part of my $400 in free accessories. Highlands installed the lead for me as well for no labor charge, I thought is was nice of them to offer without my prompting to save me the hassle later.

The Snow D.O. said:
Soldier'spapa said:

Hopefully getting my Attak GT soon but I have never heard of either of those battery ??accessories and I'm not really sure what they are. Why did you decide to get them and how much were they?

craze1cars

"Probably talking about the Optimate charger battery lead (which is considered a Yamaha accessory.) If the dealer installs the quick-attach lead on during sled setup, you can just plug & play to keep the battery charged as needed. Easier than messing with alligator clips or removing the entire battery which isn't as easy to access.

It's a good idea in my opinion...I believe $55 or so for the charger if memory serves. I took it as part of my $400 in free accessories. Highlands installed the lead for me as well for no labor charge, I thought is was nice of them to offer without my prompting to save me the hassle later"

This is exactly what was explained to me. The dealer indicated that the battery was difficult to get to in the event it needed a jump start, or to recharge. They are installing the cable(s?) for no labor cost and the price of parts was about $55.00 including the tender. I also am using part of my $400.00 accessory allowance to cover the cost.

There is nothing more gratifying than assembling your new sled, you are lucky to have a dealer that will allow you to participate. I am going up there this weekend, I want to check out their new dealership. :Rockon:

the optimate charger is worth the money some dealers put them on during assembly of the machine. then when the machine sits for a period of time like summer you can plug it in and maintains battery. i put one on my 03 and it still has the original batteryi had buddy's that couldn't get more than one season out of their batteries.if your buying a new one tell your dealer you want one install during assembly

I need to correct a previous post. The battery remote leads are already installed by Yamaha. They provide for easy jump starting if needed. The dealer installed the lead that came as part of the Optimate battery tender they sold me. It provides for easy quick connect of the Optimate. Please excuse the ignorance on my part. I am new to this 4 stroke world. I still believe the Optimate is an excellent accessory and not only will optimize the life of my Attack battery, but I'll use it on other toys in the shed as well.

Back