• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Doo SC-III Skid in a RX-1?

boat.man

Extreme
So I started working my 03 RX-1 this summer to get it up to speed for this season. After removing the skid and inspecting it I find a broken W arm! I don't want to stick any money into it and I am thinking of putting a used Doo or Poo skid into it. I did a search for the SC-III put did not find much, is any one using them? I have a line on one out of a 800 rev with low miles for $300 or so, what do you think?

Thanks ;)!

I'd buy it but look it over GOOD! They are GREAT skid's 20X better the the pro-action ever was or is! I've rode just about every ski-doo body styles they have and I NEVER had a BITCH about the skid Rode GREAT it was just everything else ( replacing pistons etc etc ) I sold a 800 rev to switch over to yamaha after years of riding ski-doo and got a 05 rx1 er le and love it If I can keep from breaking the DAMN W arm Thats one thing I could say about ski-doo skid I used to jump the hell out of my rev and never even faded that skid about I had my yamaha and ran it about 400 miles up north and NOT one jump and broke a front arm.. So.. If I was you I would put a sc10 III into you 03 for sure good luck and do you research , and hopefully someone helps you on getting you the bolt hole location.

GOOD LUCK!

Terry :4STroke:

I missed out on a 06 attack skid at hay days by 30 seconds no lie! I have read of some guys putting cat or poo edge skids in with good sucess. I would love to do a expert-X but I can't justify the cash for the amount of miles i put on a year.

SC-10 III or Edge rear skid is a fairly easy and very effective swap. If that SC-10 III you have a line on isn't in too bad shape, go for it.

I can send you a guide sketch showing where you have to take measurements from the donor sled, then you can go to town.

I have not looked back since installing my Edge skid.

LazyBastard said:
There's a reason its only $300. Can you guess what it is?

LB, that's pretty much the going rate these days for SC-10 III's in decent shape. I guess we can all thank the SC4 for the reduction in price.

boat.man said:
So I started working my 03 RX-1 this summer to get it up to speed for this season. After removing the skid and inspecting it I find a broken W arm! I don't want to stick any money into it and I am thinking of putting a used Doo or Poo skid into it. I did a search for the SC-III put did not find much, is any one using them? I have a line on one out of a 800 rev with low miles for $300 or so, what do you think?

Thanks ;)!

So, did you do the install?

NO! I am still looking. The one I found just was not that good. So if any body has somthing out there that would be considered an upgrade from a pro-action, I am all ears!

Have a look on SnoWest and DooTalk, there should be tons of them.

ProX Skid:
http://www.snowest.com/fusetalk/message ... erthread=y

Another:

06 Fusion rear skid:

05 IQ 440 Rear Skid:

02 Ski-doo MXZ Skid (SC10-II):

Guy only wants 350 for the 'Doo skid, it has 136" extensions you can keep or remove too.

Lots of opportunities here...

Wow! Thanks for that! What do you sugest? The reason I was thinking of thr SC-III is my wife was a 06 REV with a SC-4 and I know it works. also I would have a temp plate sitting 5 feet away. One more question is the mounting demintions the same on the SC-3 VS SC-4? Any feed back?

I would ask some ski doo people on the difference between the SCIII and SCIIII

I have all the measurements for a edge skid I'm installing so if you find one of those you set to. Also there are ProX skid dimensions floating around so your good there as well. Find your best deal and go from there!

I put a doo SCIII skid in my 03 RX1. What a difference over the junk Pro Action. Hooks up 100 % better handles bumps much better. I am a heavy guy 260 pounds I went with the heavy duty doo springs and am having both shocks revalved only about 200 bucks in all. I also have alot of diagrams and pictures. I got lucky a guy on this site who lived about 8 miles from me had already done it and let me take pics and check his out. Even let me take it for a ride. Let me know if you need anything I am pretty sure I can find all of my diagrams etc. It didnt even take that long one 8 hour night at my buddies shop and that included replacing the track changing the oil and swapping out the front drive shaft bearing. I have to be honest though I only did it because Bender was too slow getting me my mono I had money down and everything just took too long

Back