TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MemberlistPosting Rules  MemberlistTY Chat SearchYamaha Parts FinderMemberlistOn-Line Store MemberlistVIP

Log in to check your private messagesActive Topic (24h)  (12h)  Log in to check your private messagesMapMemberlistTY.NET Classifieds Log in to check your private messagesTY Webmail

MemberlistTY Tech

MemberlistTY Home

MemberlistTY Forum

MemberlistATV Forum

Apex rear Heat Exchanger
Goto page 1, 2  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> Apex General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
schroon
Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:49 am    Post subject: Apex rear Heat Exchanger Reply with quote

I am installing a rear heat exchanger on my Apex and Vector. These are Yamaha parts. What are the rubber donuts around each inlet tube? Are they guards? Do I need them? They silde on the tube. There were no instructions or info with it. Thanks
99 SRX
84 Spectra Day Cruiser, 1000HP, 115+MPH
LJ 452
TY 4 Stroke God

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 10:41 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

They are there to protect the ends of the tube during shipping. A friend of mine had to replace his front exchanger (stud blew through it) Head Bang and it had them on as well. Just take them off and set them aside.
schroon
Pro

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 7:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks, couldn't figuire out what they were. Didn't look like they fit anything. Thanks again.
99 SRX
yamaouch08
Expert

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 8:04 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

How is the install,pretty easy?

07 Raptor 700R (lots of mods)
11 Polaris Sportsman XP 850 (some mods)
14 Polaris RZR XP 1000 EPS
mickeh

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 4:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

schroon is it the rear heat exchanger to the apex
yamaha oem.
is it the one that came on 09 apex, if so
what part nr.?

/micke
schroon
Pro

PostPosted: Tue Sep 30, 2008 7:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

No it is for a 06 Apex. Pretty sure I bought it at Pioneer Performance. Don't know the pn. It was oem with a Yamaha pn. According to Rockerdans post it looks like a pretty easy install. I am in California and headed to New York my sleds are and will be installing one on my Vector and Apex
99 SRX
Blue Dave
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Wed Oct 01, 2008 2:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Mickeh,

Welcome to TY! Please add your location to your profile.

Buy it from Bruce at Pioneer. It is a Yamaha OEM part. The Pioneer p/n for the Apex is P-E102 and the price is $129.95 which is much less than what your Yamaha dealer will charge you.

I installed one on my Apex in about an hour. If you have a die grinder and an air riviter it is an easy install. The Apex needs the extra cooling which is why Yamaha is installing these as standard equipment on 2009 models.

Here is a link to the Pioneer website. Click on "engine" to see the rear heat exchangers.

http://www.pioneerperformance.net/

2007 Apex GT, Ice Ripper XT Track, Ulmer Racing Stage 2 Clutch Kit, 23 Tooth Top Gear, CR10EK Plugs, Tuner Skis, Bergstrom 8" Triple Points, Sled Start HID Headlights, Rear Heat Exchanger, Low Snow Wheel Kit, 4th Wheel Kit, Sled Start Remote Starter, Yamaheater w/ Boost, Digital Temp Gauge, Oilite Front End Bushings, OFT Racing Steering Bushings
mickeh

PostPosted: Thu Oct 02, 2008 11:13 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

blue dave thanks
i don't know anyone selling pioneer products here
in sweden.
do you know the yamaha oem nr.?
it's easier if iknow that.
Blue Dave
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 03, 2008 8:58 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't know the Yamaha p/n but your local dealer should. It should be in the '09 parts manual since it is now standard equipment on the '09 Apex.

I'll bet that Pioneer would ship one to Sweden and it will still be cheaper than your local dealer.

2007 Apex GT, Ice Ripper XT Track, Ulmer Racing Stage 2 Clutch Kit, 23 Tooth Top Gear, CR10EK Plugs, Tuner Skis, Bergstrom 8" Triple Points, Sled Start HID Headlights, Rear Heat Exchanger, Low Snow Wheel Kit, 4th Wheel Kit, Sled Start Remote Starter, Yamaheater w/ Boost, Digital Temp Gauge, Oilite Front End Bushings, OFT Racing Steering Bushings
schroon
Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:15 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Just put the rear heat exchangers on both sleds. I cut one side of the tunnel and the old crossover came out easy then the new heat exchanger went in easy. The only thing I found hard was to try and rivet it back in place, so rather than take the back of my sled apart to get the rivet gun straight I used bolts. it took me an extra 15 minutes but it's nice and tight. other than that the whole job was no more than an hour and a half.
99 SRX
BlueStroke

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 6:30 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I install one on my 07 Apex GT last year, it worked well. It got rid ice build up under the rear flap also it will help prevent over heating in marginal condition . Well here it is Yamaha part numbers For 121", 144" tracks
8ET-RHECR-KT-00 Price $41.90 US and for 136", 151" tracks
8EP-RHECR-KT-00 Price $85.29 US Thumbs Up
Blue Dave
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:11 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

BlueStroke,

Those prices seem very low. When I checked last year Yamaha was much more expensive and I bought from Pioneer. Perhaps Yamaha has lowered the price since they now realize that they should have installed these originally?

In any case, welcome to TY! Please add your location to your profile.

BlueStroke

PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 10:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

That the price I payed last year for the heat exchanger. It may have gone up
a little this year but you could call a dealer with the part numbers and they will price it out for you. Yamaha may have lower price because they upgraded this years models just like they did with 06' hooked hand grips.
CaptCaper
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Those Rubbery Grommets came with mine and I put them were the outlet pipes go threw the sides so they won't dig into the outlets. If I remember they fit good in the holes and the pipes went threw nicely. I figured they were grommets for this purpose.
Blue Dave
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 10:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Blue Stroke,

The price at my local dealer is the same this year as it was last year. $181.00 for the short track version p/n 8ET-RHECR-KT-00.

For me it doesn't matter since I already have mine that I bought from Pioneer already installed.

For anybody else I would check with your dealer to compare the price with Pioneer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> Apex General Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2

Jump to: