• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex rear Heat Exchanger

schroon

Pro
Website
www.pacific-custom.com
I am installing a rear heat exchanger on my Apex and Vector. These are Yamaha parts. What are the rubber donuts around each inlet tube? Are they guards? Do I need them? They silde on the tube. There were no instructions or info with it. Thanks

They are there to protect the ends of the tube during shipping. A friend of mine had to replace his front exchanger (stud blew through it) :o| and it had them on as well. Just take them off and set them aside.

schroon is it the rear heat exchanger to the apex
yamaha oem.
is it the one that came on 09 apex, if so
what part nr.?

/micke

No it is for a 06 Apex. Pretty sure I bought it at Pioneer Performance. Don't know the pn. It was oem with a Yamaha pn. According to Rockerdans post it looks like a pretty easy install. I am in California and headed to New York my sleds are and will be installing one on my Vector and Apex

Mickeh,

Welcome to TY! Please add your location to your profile.

Buy it from Bruce at Pioneer. It is a Yamaha OEM part. The Pioneer p/n for the Apex is P-E102 and the price is $129.95 which is much less than what your Yamaha dealer will charge you.

I installed one on my Apex in about an hour. If you have a die grinder and an air riviter it is an easy install. The Apex needs the extra cooling which is why Yamaha is installing these as standard equipment on 2009 models.

Here is a link to the Pioneer website. Click on "engine" to see the rear heat exchangers.

http://www.pioneerperformance.net/

blue dave thanks
i don't know anyone selling pioneer products here
in sweden.
do you know the yamaha oem nr.?
it's easier if iknow that.

I don't know the Yamaha p/n but your local dealer should. It should be in the '09 parts manual since it is now standard equipment on the '09 Apex.

I'll bet that Pioneer would ship one to Sweden and it will still be cheaper than your local dealer.

Just put the rear heat exchangers on both sleds. I cut one side of the tunnel and the old crossover came out easy then the new heat exchanger went in easy. The only thing I found hard was to try and rivet it back in place, so rather than take the back of my sled apart to get the rivet gun straight I used bolts. it took me an extra 15 minutes but it's nice and tight. other than that the whole job was no more than an hour and a half.

I install one on my 07 Apex GT last year, it worked well. It got rid ice build up under the rear flap also it will help prevent over heating in marginal condition . Well here it is Yamaha part numbers For 121", 144" tracks
8ET-RHECR-KT-00 Price $41.90 US and for 136", 151" tracks
8EP-RHECR-KT-00 Price $85.29 US ;)!

BlueStroke,

Those prices seem very low. When I checked last year Yamaha was much more expensive and I bought from Pioneer. Perhaps Yamaha has lowered the price since they now realize that they should have installed these originally?

In any case, welcome to TY! Please add your location to your profile.

That the price I payed last year for the heat exchanger. It may have gone up
a little this year but you could call a dealer with the part numbers and they will price it out for you. Yamaha may have lower price because they upgraded this years models just like they did with 06' hooked hand grips.

Those Rubbery Grommets came with mine and I put them were the outlet pipes go threw the sides so they won't dig into the outlets. If I remember they fit good in the holes and the pipes went threw nicely. I figured they were grommets for this purpose.

Blue Stroke,

The price at my local dealer is the same this year as it was last year. $181.00 for the short track version p/n 8ET-RHECR-KT-00.

For me it doesn't matter since I already have mine that I bought from Pioneer already installed.

For anybody else I would check with your dealer to compare the price with Pioneer.

Back