• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Guess What....They Are Listening & Doing Something!!!

Yea Right!

This is going to be a bit long to read, but I encourage everyone to give it a look, its worth reading.......

First off, let it be known I have never bashed Yamaha on a forum and have been a very loyal Yamaha rider all my life. I however could not stay away from this one.

I bought a 08 Nytro MTX last year. Between me and my father we have owned over 50 recreational vehicles and this was the most expensive one either of us have ever purchased and I was/am very dissapointed in it. I contacted my dealer(s) about several issues thruout last season and they helped me the best they could. The dealers also told me to contact Yamaha directly, I did that. The responses I got were "textbook." Another words, the person on the other end of the phone was told to reply in certain ways to certain inquireries, and that is the reply you got.

After the season was over I had two Yamaha questionaires to fill out. I filled them out and also typed up a letter to them and sent them in. Below is the letter I sent. Let it be known, I never heard a word from them - nothing! If they are listening, thats news to me!

Sent May 3rd, 2008....

Dear Yamaha,

I wanted to take this opportunity to comment on the two attached surveys and to express my disappointment in my most recent Yamaha snowmobile. For your knowledge myself and my father are avid motor sport enthusiasts. Between us we have owned over 30 motorcycles, 2 jet skis, 2 four wheelers, and 20 snowmobiles (15 yamaha snowmobiles.)

First, let me say I was very satisfied with my purchase experience at the ............. dealership. ....... was great to work with and went beyond what a normal dealer would do to help me set up my new sled for my needs. Additionally, ......... dealership was very helpful with regards to working on my sled after I had an accident with it and needed it fixed.

Now, with regards to the purchase of my 2008 Nytro mtx, it was the most expensive "toy" I ever bought and I was very disappointed in it. Let me give you a rundown of my issues with it.

- Had to buy a windshield, windshield deflectors, hand guards, exhaust turnout, and even a spare belt clip because the sled did not come with any of these even though it cost so much to purchase.

- The track paddles were bent over on the sled before I ever rode it and once I rode it they bent over badly. This very negatively affected the performance of the machine.

- The hand grips work terribly, which you and everyone else who rides a Yamaha knows that it has been a problem on your sleds for years. I had to buy hand guards, gauntlets, and new gloves to try to keep my hands warm.

- The gauge box frosted up to the point that I could not see or read anything in it, which is also a problem that I have seen on many previous Yamahas my father and friends have owned.

- My left foot got soaking wet from melted snow being thrown onto it. I purchased two different pair of new boots which claim to be waterproof and still my feet are wet when I ride.

- The front nose cavity of the sled packs with snow and then melts and turns into a solid mass of ice, which just adds to the already high weight of the sled.

- The reverse gear is difficult to engage and disengage and generally works poorly. The other manufactures all have a push button reverse, but not Yamaha.

- When I damaged my sled due to an accident Yamaha did not have the parts needed to fix it. As a result while waiting for the parts I lost an entire month of being able to ride my sled which cost so much to buy. Additionally, I contacted your customer relations department with regards to this and that was a real "waste of time." I was told they would look into it and some possible solutions to the problem and call me. They never called me and never returned subsequent messages I left.

So, as you can see, while I am very satisfied with the dealerships that I visit I am very unsatisfied with my most recent Yamaha snowmobile. The first snowmobile I ever rode was a 1980 Yamaha Enticer 250 my father bought me and ever since I have never ridden anything but a Yamaha. My father's first couple sleds were not Yamaha's but in 1983 he bought a SRV and has never owned any other brand since. As you can see we have been very loyal Yamaha customers but that is about to chance.

Based on everything outlined above and on the fact that Yamaha does not offer a light weight mountain snowmobile we have snow-checked a new 2009 Ski-Doo SummitX 800r snowmobile and will give it a try. If we end up liking this new Ski-Doo we will most likely purchase a second one in 2010 and end our long run of owning Yamaha sleds.

If anyone from Yamaha has any desire to discuss anything with me please do not hesitate to contact me.

NO ONE EVER CONTACTED ME!

Sorry to hear your disappointment. I am not in a position to offer much assistance here, as I work for Yamaha Canada but one thing I might add regarding your letter and its lack of response.
Including it with a survey is a sure fire way to have it fall through the cracks.
Often the surveys are returned to a third party for data entry and the effective forwarding of correspondence can be questionable. You are best off to lick a stamp or at the very least give it to your dealer with a request that he forwards to the appropriate person at YMUS.
I hope you have better luck with your Doo, actually that's not entirely truthful, in a selfish way I hope the experience leads you back to Yamaha.

cheers
cr :Rockon:

I can see your point about sending it directly to Yamaha and not sending it back with the surveys. I have however come to the conclusion that it would not matter anyways. Maybe someday things will change and my love for Yamaha will be renewed.

I think it is interesting that you choose to disreguard the advise of a insider and not even make an attempt to try his advice. This tells me that you had already made your mind up about this and went to Ski Doo. If you did this thinking that BRP will treat you better, you are in for a rude awakening. You say that your dealer tried to help you but it doesnt sound like he did too much for you. He should have went to Yamaha himself looking for a solution that would help you out.

mono front arm

Ya well if the US reps are watching this, they really need to address the front arm cracking in all different places on the mono suspensions for the people that bought these sleds from 06 and 07, they updated it for 08 but in the meantime I have to buy a almost $300 part so my suspension dont fall apart at 60 mph and kill me or worse yet kill someone else, I havent complained about wheels or exhaust donut or even the hand warmers, but this is a saftey recall type of problem that Yamaha should help us early mono suspension owners out with.

Again I believe we are seeing a problem with consistency in manufacture. My 06 Apex has had bent rails (which I straightened) and is going through its second track, and absolutely no cracking anywhere. This sled is supercharged and run very hard by my son who thinks dad can fix anything.

Yamaha Sled Talk Blog said:
Sorry to hear your disappointment. I am not in a position to offer much assistance here, as I work for Yamaha Canada but one thing I might add regarding your letter and its lack of response.
Including it with a survey is a sure fire way to have it fall through the cracks.
Often the surveys are returned to a third party for data entry and the effective forwarding of correspondence can be questionable. You are best off to lick a stamp or at the very least give it to your dealer with a request that he forwards to the appropriate person at YMUS.
I hope you have better luck with your Doo, actually that's not entirely truthful, in a selfish way I hope the experience leads you back to Yamaha.

cheers
cr :Rockon:

Chris, In Canada we have a hand warmer issue....any possible solution in the near furture??? I would buy $$$ a factory upgrade kit if one ever became available. ;)!

Chris, In Canada we have a hand warmer issue....any possible solution in the near furture??? I would buy $$$ a factory upgrade kit if one ever became available. ;)!

Hey D, I have to be cautious how I respond to this.
It is very obvious from the numerous posts here that the hand warmer temperature does not meet the expectations of many. It is safe to assume that our service and product planning people have reported on the 'conversation'. It would be pre-mature to comment on what the future will bring. Personally, I am optimistic that our future efforts will meet the expectations of the majority.
... hows that for politically correct? ;)! cheers cr

It is very obvious from the numerous posts here that the hand warmer temperature does not meet the expectations of many. It is safe to assume that our service and product planning people have reported on the 'conversation'. It would be pre-mature to comment on what the future will bring. Personally, I am optimistic that our future efforts will meet the expectations of the majority.

Great Job!!!

well Chris, this is a very interesting comment.......what's it gonna take to extract more info on this......?

maybe some skill testing Yamaha trivia question......from the King Kenny, Bob Hannah era. Or is this just a PR teaser......?

cheers, BK

well Chris, this is a very interesting comment.......what's it gonna take to extract more info on this......?

maybe some skill testing Yamaha trivia question......from the King Kenny, Bob Hannah era. Or is this just a PR teaser......?

cheers, BK

Currently all I can say about the situation is TMDT (clearly you have been on my blog and will understand ;-)
cheers
cr

Back