• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Code: 43 on 08 nytro.

kizerboy

Extreme
Has anyone had a code 43 on there 08 nytro's? It was -29c up in Haliburton last Saturday and the machine started up and ran perfectly moved it around the house and went in for breakfast. Came out 1/2 hour later to go for a ride and code 43 appered. I did not hear the fuel pump spool up so I put a hair drier to the fuel pump relay and bingo away she went. Never had the code come up the rest of the weekend. Anyone have any ideas on this, if its warranty or if I need to get a new relay?

Happened to me last weekend. Since then I replaced the relay and put dielectric grease on most of the connections. Also check your connector about the starter relay, mine had corrosion in it and that's where the power comes from for the fuel system. I put dielectric grease in and sealed / covered the connector so water could not get in.

Good Luck.

My 09 Nyrto SE did the same thing in the same conditions. Dealer said to unplug the ECU then plug it back in. It fired up right away. He thought that moisture could have gotten in to the plug, so he told me to put dielectric grease on the connector. Put 100KM since in deep powder and haven't had a problem.

Not sure if the realys are always installed in the same order or if they are like the Apex where they just seem to put them in any order. Mine is the third one in, or second from the inside, however you want to look at it. I replaced mine and did the dielectric grease on the relay and ECU, I have since put about 400 km on without a hint of trouble.

The starter relay is the one right beside the oil tank. You will see a 10 amp fuse that is the one for the fuel system. The fuel pump relay is in the nose the third one from the front. I recommend doing as may as the connectors with dielectric grease.

Thanks guy's. Spoke to my dealer today and both relays should be in today. Back up and running. Hopefully no more problems. Hey Northernoy....a couple of buddies and I should be up your way this weekend. A buddy of ours lives out on Nellie Lake.

Back