TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MemberlistPosting Rules  MemberlistTY Chat SearchYamaha Parts FinderMemberlistOn-Line Store MemberlistVIP

Log in to check your private messagesActive Topic (24h)  (12h)  Log in to check your private messagesMapMemberlistTY.NET Classifieds Log in to check your private messagesTY Webmail

MemberlistTY Tech

MemberlistTY Home

MemberlistTY Forum

MemberlistATV Forum

121" to 136/144 Conversion Kits?

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> Apex Mountain
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Rich Kay
Expert

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 1:54 pm    Post subject: 121" to 136/144 Conversion Kits? Reply with quote

Thinking of stretching my 07 Apex RTX to one of these lengths and would like to see pictures of your mods and whos kits & parts you may have used & track choices for a flat-lander/boondocker, pros/cons and any issues. Thinking of using Ulmers kit and purchasing a track from someone or TRACKS USA. Need input.

Thanks,
Rich K.
thegrizzly1
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 1:38 pm    Post subject: Sled Extension Reply with quote

ZX-2! Same sled/same boat as you are in. I love it. Here are my pics. I went with a Muffinworks tunnel extension. (144") A lot of people rave about the Muffinworks extensions. I had a few isues with mine, but I was told that all of their 121"-144" extensions were done by hand at the time whereas the 121" to 136" were all CNC cut. I had to do a little trimming with a die grinder which wrecked the powdercoating. Overall I am pretty happy with the extension and I love the sled.

13 RS Venture GT
03 Viper Mountain
07 Grizzly 700
scmurs
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 2:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OFT Racing is currently manufacturing rail extensions with a 6 degree tip up and full length hyfax for the Nytro and will have the Apex version done shortly. You can find our summer project sled here in this link:

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=659850#659850

scmurs

bm250r

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 5:25 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Any idea when they will be done? I am ready to go 136 and would like to pick up your kit for my Apex.
gade-thrasher
TY VIP Advertiser
TY VIP Advertiser

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

All of our extensions are now laser cut. We are fabricating rail extensions in 136" and 144" ... either straight or with a 6 deg tip up.

See website for details.

scmurs
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 6:44 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bm250r wrote:
Any idea when they will be done? I am ready to go 136 and would like to pick up your kit for my Apex.

The aluminum for the Apex rail extensions is coming in Monday morning and we will get them machined next week. There was a slight difference between the track adjustment windows between the Nytro and the Apex where our extensions lock into the factory rail. Minor adjustment for the four cylinder sleds and we'll be good to go. Rock On

Scott

APEX 06
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Thu Sep 17, 2009 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This is My 06 APEX RTX that I put in 144" using a 136" skid I used Hartmann parts and after having done over 10 sleds his parts were the easy to use and the best looking out there damm GOOD PARTS Give Tom Hartmann a call (208)468-1073. Yes the owner talks to u, now thats what I call damm good help.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=73854&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

DIY Steering Bushing
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=909905#909905

DIY A-Arm Bushing
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=89905&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
scmurs
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 5:10 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

APEX 06 wrote:
This is My 06 APEX RTX that I put in 144" using a 136" skid I used Hartmann parts and after having done over 10 sleds his parts were the easy to use and the best looking out there damm GOOD PARTS Give Tom Hartmann a call (208)468-1073. Yes the owner talks to u, now thats what I call damm good help.

http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=73854&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=

Couldn't agree with you more. Tom is a great guy to deal with and I, myself have been buying parts from him for almost 10 years. We also use his tunnel extensions with our kits. I just feel that we came up with a better, cleaner design for the rail extensions and that is why we manufacture them that way. My number is on our website too. Feel free to call me anytime. If you get my voicemail, leave me a message and I WILL call you back.

Best regards,

Scott Murray
scmurs

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> Apex Mountain All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: