• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Ice Drag Setup

sledneck22

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Can anyone tell me a good suspension setup for drag racing on ice/lake. My buddy has a Nytro setup with many mods and wants my help setting it up for this weekend. Transfer rod all the way out? limiter strap out all the way? Front arms below parellel from the ground? Any advice is much appreciated.

Thanks!

Alright we aren't going to chissel it because it is normally a trail sled we are just going to an ice race this weekend because the trails are pretty much shot around here. I know what to do on the front suspension but any information on what the rear should be set to? It is an RTX.

Well an RTX does not have transfer rods. Make sure the blocks are set for full transfer. Better to get a shaved set from Ulmer racing for more transfer. If you are running on ice and you don't have chisels, then you are wasting your time... If you are on snow, then you will alright with regualr studs. Set the floats to 25lbs. Loosen off the rear front shock so it is ratteling. Set the rear to the softest setting. Now strap the rear down so it only has 3" of travel with a chain or strap of some type. Tighten the limiter to take out the play. You only want the skis to be 2"off the ground. Wheeling the front end is no good... Keep the track on the ground and to keep it from spinning. What do you have for clutching? How far are you racing 660?

Back