• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help = Fault Code 85

SRX Boy

Expert
I'm getting a code 85 on my '07 Phaser. I know the code relates to the oil pressure sensor and I did recently change the oil. Unfortuantely it was a couple months ago that I changed the oil - I can't recall whether you had to disconnect the oil presure sensor - did I forget to plug it back in??? I did run the machine for a good 5-8min right after I changed the oil and I didn't get a fault code - only got it this weekend when the kids went out for a ride. Any chance the fuse is gone, would be nice if that was the problem rather than having to go back under the air box.

I the plug on top wont throw a code, i think you will need to get under the air box again.

Plug on dipstick is fine (would be nice if that was the problem) but as "yamahas" noted that won't cause the code. Anyone know if a blown fuse would trip the code?? Otherwise I'm back to tearing it apart again (at least it is wasier than getting to the Apex oil filter etc).

i guess that in theory a blown fuse could cause the same problem since no fuse and not pluged in could cause the computer to think it was broken since the circut is not complete.

worth a try.

Thought that might be the case - anyone know which fuse is associated with the oil pressure switch, I can't seem to find it in the owners manual.

I doubt it is a fuse. couldnt hurt to check though. Mine did that to me last year. I did an oil change and must not have plugged the sensor in all way. took a couple rides and it work itself out. same code.

UpstateNY_sleds said:
I doubt it is a fuse. couldnt hurt to check though. Mine did that to me last year. I did an oil change and must not have plugged the sensor in all way. took a couple rides and it work itself out. same code.

agreed

It is prob. the little sensor beside the oil filter !!! Maybe nocked it loose or forgot to put it on or not put on all the way !!! You know the one that gets in the way of removing the oil filter !!!

Yeah, I just had my Yamaha dealer do an oil change on mine. Figured I'd save myself the trouble of doing it myself.
Two days later I have a code 85.

Do I really have to go diggin to find the oil pressure sensor beside the oil filter.
Guess i saved myself no time at all

Anyone have a good description of what I'm looking for

Thanks

Here is the pressure sensor.I left it off once and never again.Is one of those things you only forget once.Make sure you tell the dealer what happened.I think a free oil change is in order.

Attachments

• pressure sensor.jpg
    pressure sensor.jpg
    16.1 KB · Views: 958
Thanks, that's awesome. I'll let the dealer know. But I think after this I'll just sackup and change my oil. Can't be that hard. I guess I'll know after I go and find the sensor. Thanks everyone for the info. This website rules

lholtzman said:
Thanks, that's awesome. I'll let the dealer know. But I think after this I'll just sackup and change my oil. Can't be that hard. I guess I'll know after I go and find the sensor. Thanks everyone for the info. This website rules

It is acctualy fairly easy to get to it. just remore your deadlight, upper plastics and airbox cover. then there are 3 rubber caps on the airbox, take them out and with a long allen key you can unscrew the air box from the sled and there you have it.

Hey I dug into my sled tonight and fixed the issue, the Yamaha dealer left the oil pressure sensor wire off. I will be changing my own oil from now on.

Thanks for the help everyone :yam:

Back