• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Pilot 6.9 skis, what mount?

Gates93

Hey guys,
Going to buy a set a Pilot 6.9 skis to go on my 2009 XTX Nytro.
Just wondering what are you guys using for mount so that they fit on the Nytro.
Thanks

You will need rubbers from a ZX chassis Doo. Pop the bushings out of the skis and put them in from the other direction, thats it. I think the slydog ski rubbers work too, Ulmer sells those.

dont hit anything with em. i broke mine with not even 100 miles on. it was the back outside, however that breaks i dont know. they wouldnt warrranty it either.

you will love these skis. make sure to shim the back as well as take some of the ski pressure off. i too am using standard carbides down the centre and cannot believe the handeling with these. i have not seen any damage but a bunch of the guys have warned me about running them without the outside carbides and how the skis will get damaged so i will be installing some in the outside channel

So are you ordering the install kit from Skidoo or just using the stock bolts and then finding rubbers to fit. The kits look complete?

I am on my second season on pilots and LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE LOVE them!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I picked up TWO sets for $200 from some dumb #*$&@ who put junk old aftermarket skiis on his 2 08 Doos!!!! What a deal. 1243% improvement over the yamaha skiis even with woody doolies on them. I just broke off both inner carbides on the last ride and have to replace them.

I can't see improvement going to aftermarket skiis over the pilots....especially for the price.

I would like to try the 6.9 version next when these wear out.

Ok guys, I find the answers to all of my question.
Some other guy replied to a post yesterday and had all the step by step to the Pilot ski intalation.
So now I know exacly where I stand. Nice to see that my Yammi loop will also fit those skis.

so all i need is any set of a ski doo pilot skis, 2 sludog rubbers from ulmer, and my stock ski loops and i am good to go right?
Thanks

Wow, I originally bought the skidoo rubbers from the local dealer for $16 each. Didn't like the idea of having to cut them so I bought the slydog ones. I got raped at the skidoo dealer it looks like.

Back