• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Track replacement

Totalrecall

Extreme

Attachments

• 12b.jpg
    12b.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 534
  • 12a.jpg
    12a.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 532
  • 11.jpg
    11.jpg
    29.9 KB · Views: 510
  • 10.jpg
    10.jpg
    35.1 KB · Views: 517
  • 9.jpg
    9.jpg
    35.4 KB · Views: 536
  • 7.jpg
    7.jpg
    33.9 KB · Views: 532
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    30.2 KB · Views: 513
  • 5.jpg
    5.jpg
    32.8 KB · Views: 527
  • 3b.jpg
    3b.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 531
  • 3a.jpg
    3a.jpg
    34 KB · Views: 535
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    32.5 KB · Views: 533
  • 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    31.2 KB · Views: 523

what track are you guys going to run just bought one tonight and would like to put bigger track on lug hight thanks

I have Freeride and traction/drive benefits do outwiegh the loss of some of the ability to slide out back end at will like stock does.Any more traction in the rear does affect your handling.Some wont like it.Put it this way if anyone is pushing in corners with stock track it will definitly get worse with Freeride.Well worth seeing the look on even 800's faces when they see your right there with them for a bit.Also I just got sick of being stuck!

I am going to move these posts over to the track brand/size thread tomorrow so this track change thread stays on topic.Okay?

wonder how the phazer will handle a 1 3/4 cut down track??

My 1.75 x 144" Camoplast Back Country track is great on my MTX with 17/41 gearing. It flat out hooks and goes and climbs up on the powder real nice.

The saga went to the next step.
I got my stuff back from powdercoat, and put everything back together.
Then it hit me.........Shock re-build. I cant believe i didn`t have it done wile my stuff was at powdercoat, but at least i wont be able to ride for a few months.

I pulled it all back out, and now have my shocks getting re-built. Im hoping to get them back on Monday, and put it all back together for the last time (this season)
The cool thing about doing the shocks now is that i was able to tell him what i am doing to the sled, and he set them up for both that and my weight.

Just throwing this out there to remind you guys if your going to change the track it is great time to do some shock maintenance.

Good call Total, i get mine done every seccond season. I also offset it, last summer i got my rear shocks revaulved and this summer its my floats that will get a re build.

yamahas said:
Good call Total, i get mine done every seccond season. I also offset it, last summer i got my rear shocks revaulved and this summer its my floats that will get a re build.

I rebuild all 4 each season, they work hard all Winter and deserve it.

When snow flies I know that they're good to go and don't have to think about any down time/ problems on the trail if one goes South 'cause it wasn't bad to begin with and I cheaped out then.
The local guy who does mine gets $30/ shock and has a good turn around time when he's not slammed with a million of them. Late October when it comes out of storage I pull 'em and be one of the 1st done.
$120 that gets added to the sled "budget" each season....

Getting them rebuilt every season is a great idea. If i could get them done at a great price like that i would. I was not able to find a reputable local shop to work on my shocks. Even harder for the floats. after shipping/ service it come out to 50 bucks a shock for the skid and 60 a peice for the floats.

I always love the shock debate.
Do it every year...every other...every third.

The guy doing my shocks is a friend who owns a shock business in almaost all aspects of racing, dirt bikes, sleds cars etc.

His recomendation is for the average rider shocks only need to be done when needed. Re-bulding every year actually shortens the life of a shock.

Yes the guys in racing do them before every race, but they are more concerned with failure over long life.

His recomendation to me is to choose. Do them every year, but chancing replacing the shocks every 4th....or only when needed, and chancing being out of commision for a few days during the season.

My reason to doing them now is because i just purchased the sled at the end of last season, and do not know what kind of abuse they took.

Either way you have to give up something, but it needs to be a personal choice what you are willing to give up......Long life, or a few days during a season.

Back