• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

06 RS Nytro starting issues

homer2210

Extreme
I have an issue that perplexes me. I am trying to start my nytro and it wont start, so I think dead battery, so i try to jump it, connect battery cables from truck to battery cables coming from sled and still nothing, hmmm?? I then take off the airbox and battery cover and connect the cables from the truck directly to the terminals on the battery, success the engine wants to fire but it cannot stay running. Any ideas? I think there is a disconnect or relay that is not working from the snowmobile battery cables to the battery, would this cause it to not keep running also?

I think that I have tracked the issue to the fuel pumps. I take off the hoses that lead to the "in" and there is no gas in them. Should there be gas in there? I blow on the hose and I can hear it going thru to the gas tank so no blockage. How can I tell if the fuel pumps are good/bad?

I'm assuming this is an RS Nytro. I'm guessing you need to pressurize the tank by blowing into the vent line (located behind the secondary clutch) while trying to get it going. The lines, pump and carbs are dry from sitting and the pumps need a little help to re-prime.

Attachments

• Vector_vent_line.JPG
    Vector_vent_line.JPG
    99.8 KB · Views: 129
yep, I found some old posts on this issue. I blew into the hose, plugged it with thumb and sled turned right over. Funny I have had this sled for 6 years and have never had to do this to it before.

Back