• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Help with battery change on '07 RS Venture

Actually it is straight forward. Open Hood, Remove air box, Battery is right there. Install new battery, Reinstall air box making sure you reconnect oil return hose on bottom right hand side. (If you fail to connect this hose when you start you engine it will puke oil out all over the chassis) Did this once, VERY MESSY.

When I remove my air box I disconnect the oil return hose on the engine and not from the air box. There is no slack in the hose so I find it a pain to remove and reinstall it from the air box. To remove the hose from the engine you need to have the right side panel off. G.B.

While you're in there, with the battery out, check to see if all the steering components are tight. I found one of the tie-rods ready to fall off!

Does the 2011 vectors have this small hose on the bottom of the air box. I removed the air box on mind a while back & all I saw was a nipple. Did not see any type of hose underneath the air box to be connected to this nipple.

Sorry, I am not familliar with the injected Vector. They may have changed the crankcase breather setup. Maybe someone knowlegable will jump in and enlighten us.

new4stroker said:
newbe question here. To remove airbox are there any bolts or screws? I have not even opened the airbox on my sled yet.

If you have a carbed version all you have to do is loosen the three hose clamps on the carb boots and undo a rubber strap on the front of the air box. However, as I mentioned above, I remove the oil return hose from the side of the engine which can be accessed when you remove the right side panel. Double and triple check that you have the carb boots fully seated when you go to re-install the air box. The boots have a little stop on them when pushed all the way on the carbs. G.B.

Thanks Gone Blue. Sounds like a process I should try in the garage before heading out. But then again i don't see why I would need to get at the battery on trail.

I just replaced my battery on a 2006 RS Venture. Just a hint. There are two hoses on the air box; one on the top right side and one on the bottom. I found, with the tool box removed and the right side panel removed, you can disconnect the top hose at the box, then loosten the carb flanges and then swing the air box to the side. Plenty of room to access the battery and no need to mess with the bottom hose.

rodehard said:
I just replaced my battery on a 2006 RS Venture. Just a hint. There are two hoses on the air box; one on the top right side and one on the bottom. I found, with the tool box removed and the right side panel removed, you can disconnect the top hose at the box, then loosten the carb flanges and then swing the air box to the side. Plenty of room to access the battery and no need to mess with the bottom hose.
Thanks for the tip! That should simplify things in the cold garage up north. ;)

Back