TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MemberlistPosting Rules  MemberlistTY Chat SearchYamaha Parts FinderMemberlistOn-Line Store MemberlistVIP

Log in to check your private messagesActive Topic (24h)  (12h)  Log in to check your private messagesMapMemberlistTY.NET Classifieds Log in to check your private messagesTY Webmail

MemberlistTY Tech

MemberlistTY Home

MemberlistTY Forum

MemberlistATV Forum

Help with battery change on '07 RS Venture

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> RS General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Scotth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:07 am    Post subject: Help with battery change on '07 RS Venture Reply with quote

I need to replace the battery on my Venture. What is the procedure to do this? Any hints/tips/tricks you can offer would be greatly appreciated.

Scott
Handy
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually it is straight forward. Open Hood, Remove air box, Battery is right there. Install new battery, Reinstall air box making sure you reconnect oil return hose on bottom right hand side. (If you fail to connect this hose when you start you engine it will puke oil out all over the chassis) Did this once, VERY MESSY.
Scotth

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 9:57 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks. I heard that the hose(s) on the airbox can be tricky to reconnect. Any hints/tips for that aspect?
Gone Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 10:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When I remove my air box I disconnect the oil return hose on the engine and not from the air box. There is no slack in the hose so I find it a pain to remove and reinstall it from the air box. To remove the hose from the engine you need to have the right side panel off. G.B.
09' Phazer RTX - Yamaha spoked wheels, Marginal snowheels & radiator guard, Excell wheels, Skinz windy bag & Float Plate, Schmidt Bros gauge roll bar, Pilot 5.7 skis, HYGEAR Torsion Spring Spacers, Ulmer oilite A-arm bushings & clutch kit, UPbushman spindle bushing kit, Tracks USA rail exts, 13.5X1.25X144" Predator track, Rocks HID lamps & Yamaheater
Vectornut
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

x2
Roger
Pro

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 3:21 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

While you're in there, with the battery out, check to see if all the steering components are tight. I found one of the tie-rods ready to fall off!
Scotth

PostPosted: Thu Oct 27, 2011 5:02 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Roger wrote:
While you're in there, with the battery out, check to see if all the steering components are tight. I found one of the tie-rods ready to fall off!

Good idea. Thanks.
TrueBlue
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:30 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Does the 2011 vectors have this small hose on the bottom of the air box. I removed the air box on mind a while back & all I saw was a nipple. Did not see any type of hose underneath the air box to be connected to this nipple.
Handy
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 11:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry, I am not familliar with the injected Vector. They may have changed the crankcase breather setup. Maybe someone knowlegable will jump in and enlighten us.
new4stroker
Expert

PostPosted: Tue Nov 01, 2011 8:15 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

newbe question here. To remove airbox are there any bolts or screws? I have not even opened the airbox on my sled yet.

Current Sled
2011 RS Venture

Previous Sled
1993 Ski-Doo Safari 368cc
Gone Blue
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Wed Nov 02, 2011 8:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

new4stroker wrote:
newbe question here. To remove airbox are there any bolts or screws? I have not even opened the airbox on my sled yet.

If you have a carbed version all you have to do is loosen the three hose clamps on the carb boots and undo a rubber strap on the front of the air box. However, as I mentioned above, I remove the oil return hose from the side of the engine which can be accessed when you remove the right side panel. Double and triple check that you have the carb boots fully seated when you go to re-install the air box. The boots have a little stop on them when pushed all the way on the carbs. G.B.

09' Phazer RTX - Yamaha spoked wheels, Marginal snowheels & radiator guard, Excell wheels, Skinz windy bag & Float Plate, Schmidt Bros gauge roll bar, Pilot 5.7 skis, HYGEAR Torsion Spring Spacers, Ulmer oilite A-arm bushings & clutch kit, UPbushman spindle bushing kit, Tracks USA rail exts, 13.5X1.25X144" Predator track, Rocks HID lamps & Yamaheater
new4stroker
Expert

PostPosted: Fri Nov 04, 2011 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks Gone Blue. Sounds like a process I should try in the garage before heading out. But then again i don't see why I would need to get at the battery on trail.

Current Sled
2011 RS Venture

Previous Sled
1993 Ski-Doo Safari 368cc
rodehard

PostPosted: Mon Nov 07, 2011 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I just replaced my battery on a 2006 RS Venture. Just a hint. There are two hoses on the air box; one on the top right side and one on the bottom. I found, with the tool box removed and the right side panel removed, you can disconnect the top hose at the box, then loosten the carb flanges and then swing the air box to the side. Plenty of room to access the battery and no need to mess with the bottom hose.
Scotth

PostPosted: Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:50 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

rodehard wrote:
I just replaced my battery on a 2006 RS Venture. Just a hint. There are two hoses on the air box; one on the top right side and one on the bottom. I found, with the tool box removed and the right side panel removed, you can disconnect the top hose at the box, then loosten the carb flanges and then swing the air box to the side. Plenty of room to access the battery and no need to mess with the bottom hose.

Thanks for the tip! That should simplify things in the cold garage up north. ;)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> RS General Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: