• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex Monoshock vs Proactive Suspension Locations

Srxspec

Ulmer Racing
TY Advertiser
Tech Advisor
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
WEBSITE
www.ulmerracing.com
I've had these questions asked a few times in the last few weeks in PM's so I figured I would post them out in the open. These were all taken by hand using a tape measure laying on my back underneath a sled. They are all close measurements but I would not start moving mounts and redrilling holes based off of these measurements! LOL!

Apex Proactive

Distance from center of axle to center of front mounting hole: 9-9/16"

Distance from the inside top of the tunnel down to the center of the front mounting hole: 5-3/4"

Distance from the center of the front mount hole to the center of the rear mount hole: 24-11/16"

Distance from the inside of the top of the tunnel down to the center of the rear mounting hole: 5-3/4"

Apex Monoshock

Distance from center of axle to center of front mounting hole: 11-1/8"

Distance from the inside top of the tunnel down to the center of the front mounting hole: 5-7/16"

Distance from the center of the front mount hole to the center of the rear mount hole: 21-1/8"

Distance from the inside of the top of the tunnel down to the center of the rear mounting hole: 7-3/16"

I will try to get some pictures showing locations as typed, but it will not be today. Hopefully this helps those who had questions out.

;)!

Some PICS would be very helpful to assist in installation of the skid...

Any pics yet?

Srxspec said:
I've had these questions asked a few times in the last few weeks in PM's so I figured I would post them out in the open. These were all taken by hand using a tape measure laying on my back underneath a sled. They are all close measurements but I would not start moving mounts and redrilling holes based off of these measurements! LOL!

Apex Proactive

Distance from center of axle to center of front mounting hole: 9-9/16"

Distance from the inside top of the tunnel down to the center of the front mounting hole: 5-3/4"

Distance from the center of the front mount hole to the center of the rear mount hole: 24-11/16"

Distance from the inside of the top of the tunnel down to the center of the rear mounting hole: 5-3/4"

Apex Monoshock

Distance from center of axle to center of front mounting hole: 11-1/8"

Distance from the inside top of the tunnel down to the center of the front mounting hole: 5-7/16"

Distance from the center of the front mount hole to the center of the rear mount hole: 21-1/8"

Distance from the inside of the top of the tunnel down to the center of the rear mounting hole: 7-3/16"

I will try to get some pictures showing locations as typed, but it will not be today. Hopefully this helps those who had questions out.

;)!

I just swapped the Pro Action out of my 07 RTX for a Mono. If you order and install the stock front tunnel bracket for the mono it matches up with the rivets for the footrest and heat exchanger. Remove the rivets for the footrest and exchanger and then install the bracket. after it is riveted just drill the hole from the inside out, no need to measure.
The rear mounting hole is 14 5/8" forward from the rear of the heat exchanger. This is for swapping the Pro Action to a MONO on an 07 or newer RTX ONLY.

I've read a few posts about the mounting locations when changing from the Proaction to the Monoshock but couldn't find any photos so here is what seems to make sense based on all the measurements and information that I could find. This post gives measurements and another said some of the rivets line up so what you see in the picture confirms both. First I will remove the old Proaction mounting plate. Then the new Apex mounting plates have holes that line up with five existing rivets in the RX-1 foot hold area so I will drill out those rivets and attach it with new ones. From there I can drill holes for all the remaining new rivets and drill the bolt clearance hole from the inside using the plate as a guide. Anyone see any issues here before I start making holes?

Attachments

• Mono-mount.JPG
    Mono-mount.JPG
    92.4 KB · Views: 253
Anyone know what the tapped nut is for on the lower right corner of the bracket? The original RX-1 brackets did not have this. Also, why is there only one triangular bracket on the outside of the tunnel (left side in front of the RA adjuster).

Back