• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2011 apex snowtrackers extreme spoke to president

ITHAPPENS

Expert
Well, tested the Extreme Snowtrackers on my SE this weekend. DO NOT put these on your 2011 skiis! Big Danger! They try to flip you over even if going straight! :o| Sent an e-mail to the company and got an immediate response, the president called me personnally to discuss. He says that only recently did he receive any feedback about the issues with the new ski and has been testing to make changes for next season. In the meantime he suggested a modification to the U blade to make them work for now. Basically you cut 1/2" off the U blade from the front 4 1/2" towards the rear and this makes them manageable. :exc:

I have access to a set of older APex skiis and they work great on these skiis, so I will install them on these and wear them out until they have been updated for 2011 skiis. Bye the way, the Semi Extreme's work very well on the new ski design as they were installed @ first oil change and lasted 3,000kms with no handling issues. In my experience, the Agressive design last much longer(2006 Apex) so I wanted to try for myself. Have to say I was impressed with the response time from this company and they have assured me they will be contacting suppliers to advise not to sell for the 2011 ski design until updated next season. I guess my e-mail expressed the amount of danger this combination puts 2011 Apex owners in and therefore responded quickly to discuss. I hope this helps any 2011 owners make the right decission when considering Snowtrackers.

Yep. Extremes no good on 2011 ski's.

A couple of us had put this info on this site a few weeks ago.

My Semi Aggressives have been great.

That is good customer service.

I have Extreme Snowtrackers on my SE. I think they work just fine, not tippy at all.

Hmm, A friend has them on his 2011 XTX and thinks they are the ultimate.

kviper said:
Hmm, A friend has them on his 2011 XTX and thinks they are the ultimate.

144" more stable that 128" SE?

I didn't have a good experience with the extremes on a 2011 Apex 128. Thought I was going to roll it when getting on the throttle coming out a high speed sweeper, never experienced any thing like that before, one side came up that the other side, also like a speed wobble. As soon as I got home they came off and the stud boy carbides went on.

Kaz

The dealer west of Minneapolis check into them for me about 2 weeks ago & he came back that they have new part numbers for the 2011 & no stock or delivery date. He said they were distinct about it. The Kimpex Rep from Canada (same day) wanted to sell me the regular aggressive ones for 2006-2010 apex even after I questioned him on it. Guess he never got the memo LOL :o|

One thing I will say is they bite like nothing else so if your ski's are off the ground and you have the ski's turned and then let off they will bite when they hit the snow again. Also with power steering it is easy to whip the bar's to spray a bud aside of you but be careful it will lift the inside ski like now. Once you learn to ride with them you will corner like never before. I will have nothing but SnowTracker's but be safe first!

This has been posted and discussed.

2011 skis with semi aggressive snowtrackers

2010 skis with aggressive snowtrackers

DO NOT USE aggressive with the 2011.

Anyone looking for a great setup for the 2011 apex. I have a set of C&A Razors with 9 inch studboy deuce bars. No darting or hunting at all and hold a tight line in the corners.

Back