TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MemberlistPosting Rules  MemberlistTY Chat SearchYamaha Parts FinderMemberlistOn-Line Store MemberlistVIP

Log in to check your private messagesActive Topic (24h)  (12h)  Log in to check your private messagesMapMemberlistTY.NET Classifieds Log in to check your private messagesTY Webmail

MemberlistTY Tech

MemberlistTY Home

MemberlistTY Forum

MemberlistATV Forum

Turks Tech Corner
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> General Yamaha Discussion
View previous topic :: View next topic  
MrSled
Site Admin/CEO
Site Admin/CEO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:27 pm    Post subject: Turks Tech Corner Reply with quote

Totallyamaha.com would like to announce the renaming of our Tech Section. This change is to pay tribute to the life of Mike Broda (Turk). Mike was a founding member of Totallyamaha.com and helped countless members with advice, technical support and general sled knowledge. Mike was always willing to share his "secret" clutch setups with anyone who asked. He never asked for praise or money for anything, he was just happy to see fellow Yamaha riders get the most out of there sled. For Mikes lifetime contribution and dedication to this website, it gives us great pride to introduce our new tech section name. TURKS TECH CORNER.

Rest in peace Mike. You will never be forgotten.

Turk.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  21.48 KB
 Viewed:  407 Time(s)

Turk.jpg

mikeb2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  102.83 KB
 Viewed:  748 Time(s)

mikeb2.jpg

Last edited by MrSled on Fri Nov 04, 2011 1:49 pm; edited 2 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website MSN Messenger
shaddow44
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:49 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great idea Tom...this is the perfect way to pay tribute to someone who was always willing to help and never asked for anything back...he shared so much with so many...truely a standup guy!
lakercr
TY VIP Life TECH ADVISER
TY VIP Life TECH ADVISER

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's a really nice gesture Tom, and you know how much it would have meant to Mike.
Moderator Life
Moderator Life

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That really is the perfect way to pay tribute to Mike.
09 Phazer RTX - Ulmer clutch kit, Slydog powder hounds, 4 Stroke solutions roll over valve, Flotation skid plate, Lake effect pivot riser, Float evol shocks, 121" Freeride, Yamaheater, Vector Secondary Clutch
2001 Arctic Cat ZL 800
MrSled
Site Admin/CEO
Site Admin/CEO

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 5:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I agree it is a awesome idea and I will not take the full credit for this, Matt (BlueByYou2000) came up with idea :)

Thanks Matt, I know Turk would be proud!!

APEX 06
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 6:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

yamahas wrote:
That really is the perfect way to pay tribute to Mike.

X2 Thank you Totallyamaha for this great place where we had the chance to know someone so great.

DIY Steering Bushing
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?p=909905#909905

DIY A-Arm Bushing
http://www.ty4stroke.com/viewtopic.php?t=89905&start=0&postdays=0&postorder=asc&highlight=
KevinS
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2011 8:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Awesome idea!
mnmsnowbeast
TY 4 Stroke God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 12:14 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh man,i guess i have been away for a few months,when did turk pass,and what happened,he was so young,and full of life,the last time i IM him. Can someone fill me in. Thanks pete PS my thoughts and preyers go out to his family.
MrSled
Site Admin/CEO
Site Admin/CEO

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I added a Pic of Mike :)
mnmsnowbeast
TY 4 Stroke God

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 9:24 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

MrSled wrote:
I added a Pic of Mike :)
Thanks brother,life is so very short,make the best and most of it while we can. Thanks
bluemonster156

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

well it is nice to see all the responses so far.Totallyamaha is more then just another site to go to to help and learn.TY is one big family and when we lose a member of the family..we all step up.I as well as most will agree on here that this site is the best you are ever going to find out there.People like Mike has made a whole difference on here for many members.It is for people like Mike that this site remains strong and healthy compared to many others.I find that people on here actually do care and some of the condolences really say it all.Mike was a trooper and I for one was blessed to have known and met him in person.Lets all learn from Mike's ability to help others without compensation and even make this site better and stronger..Mike I am sure would of wanted it that way.I for one spend a lot of time on here as do a lot of guys...lets help each other and not forget how Mike helped a lot of guys.Lets carry on the tradition of Turk and his dedication to the sport..
Again we are all gonna miss Turk on here..
super1c
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2011 8:48 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

bluemonster156 wrote:
well it is nice to see all the responses so far.Totallyamaha is more then just another site to go to to help and learn.TY is one big family and when we lose a member of the family..we all step up.I as well as most will agree on here that this site is the best you are ever going to find out there.People like Mike has made a whole difference on here for many members.It is for people like Mike that this site remains strong and healthy compared to many others.I find that people on here actually do care and some of the condolences really say it all.Mike was a trooper and I for one was blessed to have known and met him in person.Lets all learn from Mike's ability to help others without compensation and even make this site better and stronger..Mike I am sure would of wanted it that way.I for one spend a lot of time on here as do a lot of guys...lets help each other and not forget how Mike helped a lot of guys.Lets carry on the tradition of Turk and his dedication to the sport..
Again we are all gonna miss Turk on here..

X2 blue

4 STROKE - NOT YET BUT SOMEDAY!!!
tippmannator
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great idea tom! this is a very respectfull thing to do for him. im sure he would be honored.

2002 srx
2013 nytro XTX 1.75
Nick1945
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2011 9:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

tippmannator wrote:
great idea tom! this is a very respectfull thing to do for him. im sure he would be honored.

darv
Life Time Member
Life Time Member

PostPosted: Tue Aug 23, 2011 10:07 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

HAPPY TRAIL TURK I will miss you RIP
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> General Yamaha Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2, 3  Next
Page 1 of 3

Jump to: