• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Nytro Battery

Where is the best place to get a replacement batter for a 2008 FX Nytro? Mine constantly needs charging even last winter when I rode it a lot and let it sit for a week it would be dead.

Do a search this spring there was a thread on a lightweight replacement battery and not that much more in price.

Shorai Lithium -Ion battery. It is supposed to be 7 pounds lighter than stock battery. Look them up shoraipower.com.

foe said:
Shorai Lithium -Ion battery. It is supposed to be 7 pounds lighter than stock battery. Look them up shoraipower.com.

They dont have a battery listed for an 08. Would an 09 battery be the same thing? I'm assuming so...

Ya they are the same. In the write up it talks about the yuasa battery that is in the Nytro's.(YTX20HL-BS).
There are two types. Standard(LFX24L3-BS12) and high performance(LFX27L3-BS12)
They have a way more cold cranking amps then stock nytro battery.

I cant see myself spending that much on a battery. Is there a cheaper way? It doesn't get terribly cold here for long so i'm not concerned about not starting on those real cold days.

do a search on it, type in lightweight battery in the nytro general talk section, there are alot of posts on this subject.

Back