• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

2007 Apex GT- OLINS EC SPRING CHANGE

Yamabee

I HAVE RAN MY SLED 1 SEASON (2000 KM) AFTER DOING EXHAUST DONUTS , BEARINGS, ALMOST EVERYTHING AS PER TY INFO, STILL STOCK, THANK YOU ALL. ALL SHOCKS REVALVED, BUT BECAUSE I'M 275LBS, WITHOUT GEAR, I NEED TO CHANGED THE OLINS MONO SHOCK SPRING. WHICH ONE DO I NEED? WHICH ONE DO I HAVE? :o| [/b]

I would say you need either the 6.5 or 7.1 too, More than likely. But depend on your weight and riding style. As Mr Sled said. 6.5 if you ride slow or moderate and not in huge bumps. 7.1 maybe if you ride fast through huge bumps and carry lots of gear. These are just guesses tho as it is very dependent on your weight, riding style, and conditions you ride in. The most uncomfortable thing you can do for your sled us over spring by using to heavy of a spring. That will make your sled ride like crap.

What spring you have in your skid now, assuming its your stock spring, depends on what sled you have. You have EC Ohlins Back there you said, so must be a GT. If you have the Attak GT or LTX Gt, then your sled came with a 6.1 spring. If tour sled is a Standard Apex GT then your spring is a 5.5 I believe right now, assuming its stock. Who did your revalve? Did they recommend a larger spring at all when you had the revalve done?

THANKS!!

Thanks guys for the reply! I'm asking because I don't want to over spring and ruin the ride. I LOVE this sled! To clarify, I have the 2007 Apex GT 121". All 3 shocks have been revalved by Shock Tec here in Ontario last year and yes the rear EC Olins was revalved for a heavier spring. Our trails are "USUALLY" smooth and I am just looking for a little more spring support in the rear. I run the shock at 1 or 2 bars above the middle setting of the dash display, most of the time, Never below. I run 275lbs without clothing and I just do day trips, with little gear. Any help would be appreciated. I set up the front springs with just the minimum preload when lifted with Doolies and it works beautiful. Thanks again!
B

Back