• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Reverse gear box oil/lube

Mooseman

I'm not all knowing. Post your question in forum.
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'07 Venture MP (gone)
'07 Phazer FX (gone)
'09 Phazer GT (gone)
'10 RS Venture GT (My current ride)
'10 Nytro FX (son's)
Checked the manual and searched all over, no info found anywhere on this. I currently have the reverse gear motor removed to replace the reverse switch on the secondary reverse gear case. With the big open hole with the gears visible, I'm wondering if there is oil or some other lube that goes in there? If there is, how do we check it and what kind? Just want to make sure it's not low or anything since I just bought this sled and it seems to have been beaten a bit.

Thanks!

Yes. Actually, the Venture MP/Lite uses the same reverse gear box.

Maybe hit up Yamahas in the Phazer section, he does a ton of work on those machines. If you can find anything let me know I can contact a service tech and see if they can give me some info.

Sorry, I missed this post.

I don't know off hand but I will find an awnser for you by tonight.

I'll PM him with a link to this thread but at this point, it's a moot issue since I have already put it back together. Could be useful info for somebody else in the future.

After a bit of searching I can't find any info on this in the manuals either. That leads me to believe you don't need to add anything since the service manual is fairly specific and has lots of information.

Maybe it uses the chain case's oil for lubrication. I am thinking this may be the case since no where in the manual does it say to change the reverse gear oil. So either it stays dry or is lubricated by the chain case perhaps.

I will be picking up parts from my dealer later today so I will be able to get a definitive answer for the future. Sorry you got it back together already, hopefully I can at least keep you from wondering if you should have added oil.

Justin

Dealer confirmd what I was thinking. You don't need to add oil in there. They get lubricated when the oil from the chain case workds its way up the gears.

Hope this awnsers your questions,
Justin

Great. Thanks Justin! :Rockon:

No problem!

Anyone can PM me anytime with questions, if I don't know the anwser I can find out for you.

Back