• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Updates to 07's

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Here is a list I started.Just wanted to show that yes Yamaha does make changes sometimes even midstream.Aftermarket sure seems to have taken care of the rest.

Fan added
rear tunnel closed
Tank shields to keep ice off tunnel
Gas shocks on all sleds
Pivot Billet aluminum
Pivot shaft made of tool steel or something much stronger
Front "w" arm reinforced
Plastic wheels updated to rubber
Big Idlers made of stronger material(white wheels/prototype)
Airbox clips improved
Cold start addressed with ECU and mod to decomp
Reverse updated for improved shifting to reverse
Seat subframe reinforced
New wiring harness
Upper a-arms reinforced
New solenoid and relays to avoid freezing

These are all on 2012's and not on 2007's unless updated.Any more you all can find?

Thanks Cannondale, I think that covers it all. I did not even know there was an update to the seat frame.

Maybe it can be added to the FAQ, the question does come up very often.

Yes they added a support to tunnel.I havent needed it yet!

Attachments

• Bracket.jpg
    Bracket.jpg
    201 KB · Views: 406
I just wanted to add the that 2011+ have an upgraded oil pressure system.

The difference is that they now have a better way to monitor oil pressure and now make judgement calls on how and when to react to a low oil pressure situation. The system is much more sophisticated.

This is all I know about it, not sure how it works or any other info about it. I just wanted to add this since it is a change to the phazer.

Cannondale, of all the updates you mentioned in this post how much of it is actually covered by the dealer in the form of service bulletins?

The only service bulletins I have on my 07' is the Steering post fix and the nuts changed where my upper A-arm bolts to the spindle.

I was one of the owners who blew an engine due to oil leal (my fault with incorrect filter installation.

I am proud of yamaha to have installed the new low oil senspr package. Great Company!!!

That ias why I still and always ride yamaha.

Ratman

07 Apex

Does anyone know if you can buy the low oil sensor package to retrofit the older models?

May be worth a try.Anyone want to borrow me their 2011 and up ECU I will plug it in and see whether it works.I see no other components to the system so I believe it would work.

Where any of these actually recalls covered by dealerships .....or are these all pay out of owner pocket?? I just got a 2007 FX and doesnt seem to have any updates.

I think the airbox clips and the steering pivot link were recalls. And some were bullitens that would get fixed if you ran into a problem. They probably expire after some time.

Yes newbb like Yamahas said many have expired.Always worth a try though.Recalls never expire.Talk to your local dealer.Butter them up with your $ for everything else.Form a good relationship and they may pull for you to get some or all updates even though they are expired.Some changes and updates arent needed by everyone.I never broke my seat subframe so I never worried about it.Others never had a issue with suspension or overheating so before you go into the dealer asking for everything just ride it and see if you need the stuff.

I'm know they said they ADDED the new oil pressure deal in 11' but I know my 09' when dumped over cut out as soon as the oil pressure drops, an 07' that I ride with will just keep running (even upside down). Unless Yamaha had them update this on my sled when my first engine puked with 600 miles on it as the 11' were current then.

I wonder if its a switch that shuts it off on newer ones then?I have gotten used to clipping on the Rollover Tether now so not to worried.It works!

Back