• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Yamaha to Offer Trail Supercharger Kit for FX Nytro

MrSled

Site Admin/CEO
Staff member
Website
www.totallyamaha.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2020 Sidewinder SRX
Yamaha to Offer Trail Supercharger Kit for FX Nytro

Company to distribute new low-elevation, forced induction upgrade
from Mountain Performance Inc. by mid-October 2012

Kennesaw, Georgia, September 4, 2012 – Yamaha Motor Corporation U.S.A. announced it will distribute the Trail Supercharger kit, a low-elevation bolt-on, premium pump-gas upgrade for its FX Nytro models and exclusive to Yamaha from Mountain Performance Inc. (MPI). The supercharger provides instant throttle response and a power increase of up to 45 horsepower over stock.

The Trail Supercharger kit is designed and engineered to provide quality installation, fit and finish with no modifications to the Nytro’s hood or side panels. All wiring uses stock-style connectors, eliminating the need to cut or splice the wiring harness.

MPI’s experts designed this kit to work seamlessly with Yamaha fuel injection system components and to use the stock exhaust. The result is a performance boost while delivering day-to-day operational characteristics similar to the stock sled.

Designed to fit 2008-to-2013 FX Nytro, Nytro RTX, Nytro RTX SE, Nytro XTX and Nytro XTX 1.75 snowmobiles, this kit includes a tunnel-mounted auxiliary cooler, a set of accessory ice scratchers, and all necessary clutch and gearing calibration components. It includes a one-year limited warranty from the manufacturer.*

Base MSRP is $4,399.95, and Yamaha expects to begin delivery by mid-October 2012.

* Important: While installation of this kit will not ‘void’ the snowmobile’s warranty, specific failures determined by Yamaha to have resulted from installation of kit components or other modifications may not be covered by the Yamaha limited warranty or extended service coverage.

Attachments

• supercharger 3_4 lres.jpg
    supercharger 3_4 lres.jpg
    266.4 KB · Views: 1,324
  • supercharger closeup lres.jpg
    supercharger closeup lres.jpg
    538.7 KB · Views: 508
  • supercharger closeup vert lres.jpg
    supercharger closeup vert lres.jpg
    531.9 KB · Views: 590
  • supercharger profile lres.jpg
    supercharger profile lres.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 235

I wish!!!!!!! :flag: I have been waiting for this, but not a good time for me.......the Apex will have to do...

Saw a Nytro with the kit on today at the Milwaukee snow show looks simple and clean install. Wish I had that kind of cash to just piss away on an extra 40 hp.

This will be my next upgrade for sure - I just ordered a stage 1 clutch kit from Allen now I'm wondering what all comes with it, what mods I currently have that I can keep and what needs to be sold. 46more HP will make this the perfect machine!!!!

Just got back from the Toronto snowmobile show they had the super charger installed in an xtx it looked awesome fit perfectly, looked like it came from the factory, that'll work for sure. Gotta get one

axapowell said:
Need the part number.

Dave

Part #SMA-SUPER-20-00. It's not on he Yamaha website yet, but the Yamaha reps at the Syracuse show last weekend handed out flyers with the part # on it.

Back