• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Apex MTX - custom turbo build - Sledneck22

sledneck22

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Well, since haydays has ended I will be starting my Apex MTX custom turbo build.
First thing is first. I have to finish the header for Dean from Canada for his nypex in exchange for some parts.
Here are the starting pictures for the header and jig.
This will be rebuildable so if you like what you see, let me know and I can build you a custom header.

Attachments

• NYPEX HEADER1.JPG
    NYPEX HEADER1.JPG
    122 KB · Views: 474
  • NYPEX HEADER2.JPG
    NYPEX HEADER2.JPG
    167.1 KB · Views: 565
  • NYPEX HEADER3.JPG
    NYPEX HEADER3.JPG
    204.8 KB · Views: 463

Right, I'm going to try the TD05H mitsubishi turbo.
I am building rear mount so I am not initially plumbing water to it unless I find massive heat problems. However, everyone I have talked to says that will not be an issue.

Here are some pictures of the header jig we created and the sled disassembled.
Waiting for more parts before assembly starts.

Attachments

• jig1.jpg
    jig1.jpg
    320.5 KB · Views: 458
  • jig2.jpg
    jig2.jpg
    386.8 KB · Views: 448
  • disassemble1.jpg
    disassemble1.jpg
    414.7 KB · Views: 479
  • disassemble2.jpg
    disassemble2.jpg
    378.2 KB · Views: 522
Tubes are .063" wall. We are about complete with the first header. After that, I'll be concentrating on my sled. We have 3 tubes plumbed, finish the fourth tonight, then weld, coat and ship. (or something like that)

Nice work on that header - looking forward to your rearmount build!!!!

HEADER PROGRESS

Here are some pictures of the header plumbed up and ready for welding.
Once this is done, onto my project!
You can see we used longer radius elbows for this header compared to the header in the above pictures. Hoping to reduce pressure drop.

Attachments

• NYPEX HEADER4.jpg
    NYPEX HEADER4.jpg
    28 KB · Views: 478
  • NYPEX HEADER5.jpg
    NYPEX HEADER5.jpg
    29.5 KB · Views: 436
HEADER

Here are some pictures of the welding and the completed header. Now maybe I'll have time to work on my sled!
Custom Nypex T2 Turbo header.

Attachments

• NYPEX HEADER6.jpg
    NYPEX HEADER6.jpg
    23.8 KB · Views: 434
  • NYPEX HEADER7.jpg
    NYPEX HEADER7.jpg
    58.7 KB · Views: 403
  • NYPEX HEADER8.jpg
    NYPEX HEADER8.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 428
  • NYPEX HEADER9.jpg
    NYPEX HEADER9.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 405
Super nice!!!! Looking forward to your own turbo build ;-)

That it is. But have to thank "thatoneguy" for his fab and welding skills. I almost have all the parts needed to start my build. Waiting on an intercooler/plenum and some charge tubing. Also a 2to1 pipe from the y_pipes to the turbo. Anyone watching this ever made their own or used a stock muffler and cut out the pipe from the ys back to the turbos?

i was thinking of doing the same thing just cutting off the muffler and welding on a turbo flange?? anybody ever done this before ?

Well.... I've been super busy, hopefully I get some time this weekend. Still looking for an intercooler. My last resort is I make an intake plenum but might have a hook up for an intercooler but won't know for sure for another week or so. I really would rather have an intercooler from the git go.

Back