• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

track tension help

drduey

i just looked at my sled after getting in summarized and the track is crooked as hell what is the best way to start from scratch to get the correct tension and alignment? loosen the track to zero?

thanks

Get it to the approx tension you're looking for. Then tighten the side it's shifted to. In other words, looking at it from the back, if it is to far to the right tighten the right side adjuster. Or you can loosen the left side. Either way, start the engine and run the track around a few times and readjust.
track.jpg

remember loose is fast. IMO the yamaha speck is a little on the tight side. I like to have the top of the drive lug even or just below the hy-fax,at the loosest spot, when the back of sled is on a stand in the air. this will also help with hy-fax wear

too loose and it balloons at high speeds and too tight creates too much friction. I usually tighten it to the point where you can just barely push it of the curve on the rails

how much sag do you recommend running without any weight on the track?

drduey said:
how much sag do you recommend running without any weight on the track?

with sled in the air (not running) twords the rear of the skid is the loosest part, the track hangs lowest there. I like to have the top of the rubber drive lugs just about even with the bottom of the slides

Back