• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

RX-1 Transformation to Rapex-1

Boomer

Expert
After the miserable winter we had last year, I swore off sledding and sold my Apex, determining that it was no longer financially viable to have what was essentially an expensive garage decoration. As has happened before though I kept watching the ads and wondering just what I was gonna do once winter came around again. Well, in late July I saw a very nice 2003 RX-1 on Craigslist for sale downstate, just north of NYC. Being as my good friend Steve aka NY AttakGT lived in the area, he did me a great favor and went and took a look at it and told me it was a nice sled. What I got was a low mileage RX-1 with 3275 miles that had brand new GYTR clicker shocks up front and an Expert X in the rear. The guy I got it from had painted it white and black and also threw in a few extras including a Pioneer Performance Clutch kit. I got the whole package for only $2700. I figured for that price I was not going to be too deep into the investment.

So the last few months I have been transforming it into what I think will be a great handling ride and have gone completely through it and should be very happy this winter. Here is what I did:

-Brand new Camoplast Cobra track
-Drive shaft and Jackshaft bearings replaced
-Mountain Apex Seat installed and dyed all black
-Apex exhaust covers
-Apex Tail light and shroud
-Pioneer 13mm sway bar and longer links
-New mid height windshield
-Lake Effect pivot and 4" riser
-Apex trim ring under the riser
-06 Apex Handlebars
-New style Snow Flap
-Extended Throttle cable
-Extended all the handlebar wiring to make the plugs disappear
-Apex handlebar pad
-Fresh full synthetic Yamalube oil and filter change
-Powder coated the exhaust tips and rear grab bar gloss black
-Powder coated the front A-Arms Orange to match the paint
-Had the hood, Gas Tank Cover and Exhaust cover professionally painted ORANGE
-New Yamaha decals
-Mounted the Garmin GPS
-Added Rockmeister's power supply for shield and external power
-Slydog Trail Skis (leftover from the Apex) with new Orange Loops
-Powermadd Orange and Black handguards

And this is how she turned out! It was a lot of fun.

P1010029.jpg

P1010030.jpg

P1010031.jpg

P1010032.jpg

P1010033.jpg

P1010034.jpg

P1010035.jpg

Wow you are going to love that ride. Well done and a very very good buy. Being a 03 it may use some oil but dont worry about it if it does just add some oil and ride. Very nice well done!

Yes its waterproof i have nuvi 500 on my sled for 3 seasons javascript:emoticon(':Rockon:')

Wow, you did a lot of work to that! Great job. ;)!

Back