• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

What do I need to do to stud my VL?

back country

Veteran
Need some opinions here. I want to stud my VL, not for the fact of great cornering /breaking handling as lets face it she is no speed demon. My main reason is hauling heavy loads at the cabin on the lake. Many time I will chew through the snow and spin on the ice with a heavy load, sometimes having to lighten the load and I always will start by running beside it to get started. Can I add a low number of studs just for this purpose (maybe 44 or so) or will that cause unwanted wear on the track? If I do stud is there anything I need to mod? Thanks for any help.

2007 VL

VL studing

Did mine I think 96 studs , you have to have a guard on the bottom of the muffler for contact trial and error for track tightness
Works great loose a few km hour , only did the center picked a paterren off the woody's site

Attachments

• IMG00018.jpg
    IMG00018.jpg
    677.3 KB · Views: 184
  • IMG00017.jpg
    IMG00017.jpg
    712.3 KB · Views: 224
Re: VL studing

campsleder said:
Did mine I think 96 studs , you have to have a guard on the bottom of the muffler for contact trial and error for track tightness
Works great loose a few km hour , only did the center picked a paterren off the woody's site
Did you make your own muffler protector?

Venture light studding

Yes made my own muffler skid plate and A arm protectors/flotation plates

Attachments

• 20101107_07 - Copy.JPG
    20101107_07 - Copy.JPG
    459.5 KB · Views: 203
  • 20101107_07 - Copy.JPG
    20101107_07 - Copy.JPG
    459.5 KB · Views: 196
Nice, did you consider extending your exhaust and adding a shieled to reduce ice build-up in the tunnel? Or is it a problem for you?

Yes i would like to do it it has been on my list to Do!

Hopfully this summer drop the track check all bearings . I was out last monday and had 20lbs of ice under there ! Will drop by the local sled shop to find a old tunnel to use in the project .

Yes i would like to do it it has been on my list to Do!

Hopfully this summer drop the track check all bearings . I was out last monday and had 20lbs of ice under there ! Will drop by the local sled shop to find a old tunnel to use in the project .

Back