• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Fox Float 2 vs Float 3s

2008 Nytro RTX

TY 4 Stroke God
I noticed on the Viper they are 2s and on the Zr 7000s have float 3s,What is the main difference? I am going down the line and seeing what is going to be theb etter sled for me. RTX SE vs ZR 7000. Forget the Zr 8000 RR with a price tag of around 15,000 dollars! No thanks they can keep that!

Float 3's have the Kashima coating, reduces stiction and improves the stutter characteristics. This is the same coating available from The Fox website as an extra.

What is the difference between Floats and Float 2's?? Also I thought I read they were now coming with Float 3's

Looks that way. Original floats didnt have a negative spring in side them spring allowed little bit lower ride hieght with with less pressure and helped with the floats being sticky in the first part of the action. I believe Float 2's also have a small bump stop so no metal to metal contact on bottoming.

DeerHuntr said:
What is the difference between Floats and Float 2's?? Also I thought I read they were now coming with Float 3's

Everyone at Hay Days said they will have the 3's!

Back