• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

why arctic cat fuel inj.?

getchuk

Extreme
Country
Sweden
Snowmobile
Vk540
This ac/yamaha deal rises alot of questions , one that puzzlez me is why ac fuel inj.
One would believe yamaha knows their own engine, has ac's some benefits that couldexplain this or is it just ac doing rnd for the sled, has it any pros for racing?

I'm at a loss aswell, obviously yamaha has it figured out with their bikes and boats and things, why change for this. It's reprogram able but that's really the only benifit I can think of.

"The Genesis High Performance engine uses Yamaha’s advanced fuel injection system to control fuel flow to the engine. Consumers will enjoy the engine’s spot-on performance and throttle response as a result of the advanced electronic fuel injection system."

This is straight off yamaha's official website under the performance tab for the srviper models!

Boy I have never seen so many people jumping to conclusions without doing any research.

journeyman said:
Boy I have never seen so many people jumping to conclusions without doing any research.

I think he's commenting on this pix that what in this article of http://osmmag.com/yamaha-2014the-details-and-dirt/

"Surprisingly, the new Viper buggies will utilize Arctic Cat’s closed loop fuel injection system…yeah we are still scratching our heads over that one too."

2014-SR-Viper-RTX-SE-oxygen-sensor-600x400.jpg

Yeah, just read cris reeds blog where he says that ac. developed the exhaust and use the synerject ecu controlling. A closed loop fuel injection system, and on snow mag also says its cats system btw cat has their on name on the engine on their website so then they have made their own engine?? Just asking what benefits this system would have? Turbo?

nitris223 said:
I hope they get a better welder. That looks like junk even if it is just a proto type.
Just thinking the same thing ... just started using a TIG wielder and my wields look better ..... wields in phot look like bubble gum!

Cat probably wanted the ECU mapping because they plan to add boost to it next year. If they no longer have the suzuki, they won't sit still with a 135 hp 4stroke, thats for sure.

Dan

You guys gotta remember, this sled is ALL AC made. the only thing in it yamaha is the motor and clutches.

Look at the wire loom,crappy zipties,bolts,nuts,fuse box....everything is exact same as my cat. Even the crappy cat skis!

I agree with Dano about the ECU. Cats setup can be written too and this is why the cat turbo is the best bang for buck to get to 260hp on the cheap,even with all their issues!

Dave at Hurricane is ontop of this already and will be building turbo kits.

I fully expect to see a 2015 Cat turbo utilizing the yammie triple(hopefully yammie too!) to replace the ZUK 1100 turbo like mine.

Dan

nitris223 said:
I hope they get a better welder. That looks like junk even if it is just a proto type.
I agree that weld is an embarrassing piece of crap.My buddies 1000 crossfire has mig wire stuck in the welds from factory.

Back