• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

My Viper L-TX SE review

Fantastic I just told my dealer we are go on a ltx se and coming off a phazer that I ride to it's limits most of the time, I was concerned about how the viper stacks up as far as active riding and stand up riding because the nytro just never felt right to me. I am sure with the longer and wider track this one will float better of trail. Thanks for the good write up.

soul_hammer said:
Fantastic I just told my dealer we are go on a ltx se and coming off a phazer that I ride to it's limits most of the time, I was concerned about how the viper stacks up as far as active riding and stand up riding because the nytro just never felt right to me. I am sure with the longer and wider track this one will float better of trail. Thanks for the good write up.

I have been thinking of a new sled but nothing felt comfortable enough for me to spend money on. There is nothing quite like the phazer out there. I was actually thinking of a supercharger so I don't loose the things I like about the Phazer but this sled will likely replace my Phazer soon.

Thanks for the detailed breakdown.
Very nice.
If you had more seat time on a nytro, would have loved to hear your comparison.
I've been on a phazer a few times so I knows what you were referring to.
Ms

yamahas said:
soul_hammer said:

I have been thinking of a new sled but nothing felt comfortable enough for me to spend money on. There is nothing quite like the phazer out there. I was actually thinking of a supercharger so I don't loose the things I like about the Phazer but this sled will likely replace my Phazer soon.

I have looked at forced induction many times but the race fuel kept me away, the added cost and difficulty of locating it around here. I am stoked they came out with this sled.

Will it have a yammie clutch for sure????? And will the kittyhaha have a cat clutch????? MM.

MadMax said:
Will it have a yammie clutch for sure????? And will the kittyhaha have a cat clutch????? MM.
Yes and yes ...it's been said many times...plus they took the side covers off at the demo ride at Larry's bar and I seen the clutches and they are Yamaha

MadMax said:

Yes, each brand will have their own clutching.

Glad you guys had a good day, wish I could have made it as planned but mother nature didn't want to cooperate apparently.

Nice write up, any more pics worth sharing?

I have a couple more pictures on the computer, I really should have taken more. Every time we were stoped it was a quick talk about our thoughts and we got right back to riding.

Glad you liked it Yamahas I really value your opinion.
How was the "balance" of the sled front to rear?
Did Phazer feel lighter or heavier in front?
How did the brake feel compared to Phazer"
Was the guage easy to see while riding?
Are the different Viper models coming with different length bar risers?
Is it true Yamaha electrical connectors are used?
Is the plastic painted?

I still cannot believe I have never seen one in person!

Back