• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Interview with Yamaha's Chris Reid and SnowTrax TV!!!

I like this video, although I generally dont like snowmobile magazines, this has ALOT of good info in it!

Interesting vid. Makes me wonder what the Yamaha engineers have been doing for the last several years. To do this "mid-term" collaboration with Cat and to have it take additional years for them to come out with their own stuff means they must of had absolutely nothing in the pipeline. Odd.

2lapsdown said:
Interesting vid. Makes me wonder what the Yamaha engineers have been doing for the last several years. To do this "mid-term" collaboration with Cat and to have it take additional years for them to come out with their own stuff means they must of had absolutely nothing in the pipeline. Odd.
That was my first thought....
Maybe they are going to make changes to this chassis

My thought on it is this has been in the pipeline for quite some time. I believe Yamaha engineering had a hand in the pro cross from the beginning. Looking at it you can't tell me a 1049cc 3 cylinder just happened to fit with a little tweaking and work as well as it does. Rumor out of thief river I heard is the viper has been on the snow in one form or another for 18 months guessing there was allot of planning before that even and this chassis hasn't been out that long. Think the pro cross might be as much Yamaha as it is cat, something we may never know but I have a hard time believing it wasn't designed with this in mind.

DeerHuntr said:
My thought on it is this has been in the pipeline for quite some time. I believe Yamaha engineering had a hand in the pro cross from the beginning. Looking at it you can't tell me a 1049cc 3 cylinder just happened to fit with a little tweaking and work as well as it does. Rumor out of thief river I heard is the viper has been on the snow in one form or another for 18 months guessing there was allot of planning before that even and this chassis hasn't been out that long. Think the pro cross might be as much Yamaha as it is cat, something we may never know but I have a hard time believing it wasn't designed with this in mind.

Wait for it to load after you hit the submit button, dont hit it again. Probably why it double posted...

I think they had nothing in the pipeline and just threw the engine designed for rear exit exhaust into this chassi. If they would have been developing this for any amount of time they would have redesigned the cylinder head to dump the exaust out the front and not ran the exhaust under the gas tank the way they did.

I think that is in the works for future Yamaha four strokes redisign the head for front exiting exhaust.

IA Rider said:
I think they had nothing in the pipeline and just threw the engine designed for rear exit exhaust into this chassi. If they would have been developing this for any amount of time they would have redesigned the cylinder head to dump the exaust out the front and not ran the exhaust under the gas tank the way they did.

Yep, bang on... They shoe horned it in... THis is just a temp fix in their lineup. I beliebe Yamaha wants new motors/redisgned existing motors and they have to design chassis to fit the syle of a motor for them to accomodate a front exhaust.

Back