• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Viper Naturally Aspirated Performance Parts

What option of exhaust or intake would you like?

• A light weight muffler with a reasonable sound level.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • A good quality header that will work with the stock muffler.

• A good quality header with a muffler that has a reasonable sound level.

• A aftermarket intake kit.

• A aftermarket intake kit with a good quality header that will work with the stock muffler.

• A aftermarket intake kit with a light weight reasonable sound level muffler.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • A complete kit, aftermarket header, muffler, intake, and Power Commander.

Votes: 2 50.0%
  • None, I want the turbo!

• Total voters

Srxspec

Ulmer Racing
TY Advertiser
Tech Advisor
Website
www.ulmerracing.com
Country
USA
Snowmobile
2014 Yamaha SR Viper LTX, 2014 Yamaha SR Viper RTX SE, 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 162 (turbo), 2015 Yamaha SR Viper MTX SE 153
WEBSITE
www.ulmerracing.com
Just a little SR Viper owner Poll to research to see who is interested in what.

Turbo or Supercharger. Probably prefer low to mid boost Supercharger .

Cant go back that far after owning the Apex MCX 290 you built.

:Rockon:

I'll second that!! Light weight muffler with nice sound but not to loud!!

Something that makes the HP and sound level of Aaen header Skinz ultra quiet. Nice Bike sound but not annoying loud.

Oh and I really really hope you didnt forget a clutch kit! You know I will be first in line for that. Unless you design the stock calibrations. Now that would be something for Yamaha to help sell sleds and you to make some good $. Never been done but why not?

I don't know if that is the case, but it looks like the OEM muffler is quite heavy. So, a lightweight aftermarket muffler would for sure be possible to sell. Personally, I would not be worried if it does not add horsepower (which is the likely scenario) as long as it is a lot lighter.
An aftermarket header pipe should be designed to fit the OEM silencer and an aftermarket silencer should be designed to fit the OEM header pipe. This way, customers can start by getting only one of them and maybe upgrade to both of them at a later stage.
Personally, I would not be very interested in a complete NA-kit. The money is going to be scary close to the cheaper turbo kits, but the horsepower is going to be nowhere near.

Also, do not forget to market these parts on the cat forums as well...

Back