• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

YAMABLOG cryptic promise

Traction Control isnt new though. I sure would like to try it on sled if it could be user selected though! Newest thing Yamaha has had going last spring would be the new Crossplane triple they put in the FZ 09???

Could be traction control. There is a version for dirt oval cars that is controlled through GPS and it applys brake based on speed vs wheel speed an so on to detect wheel spin. Idk if they could put that in snowmobiles cheaply or not but the tech is out there.

I would assume its tech based off of the new r1 motor though so that it can be trickled down to the whole snowmobile line for the "1 totally new motor and chassis platform a year" promise

I'm thinking it's one of those hover boards from Back to the future II. Lol!

I like the idea of traction control! Just think of what that would do for preserving flat groomed trails!

Im definitly getting a 2015 :)

obviusly it's thec they have , so proabably motorbike tech..

Id say drive-by-wire or beltdrive

How about :Direct Drive" ? No Jackshaft! I think Yamaha could develope a 4 Stroke that could overcome the need for a jackshaft. It was done by John Deere Sprint years ago and by others but lacked low end power but was fast at the other end. More efficient too.

I think the "cryptic promise" is contained within the following sentence:

CR said:
We have decided to apply the system to snowmobiles and I have been asked to develop the information foundation for communications purposes.

I think if Chris only wanted to convey that he has been designated as the guy who will disseminate new info about their sleds, he would have just come out said that. CR's choice of words, his phrasing, makes me think he's dropping a hint in that sentence. What he's hinting at I've no idea.

Back