TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MemberlistPosting Rules  MemberlistTY Chat SearchYamaha Parts FinderMemberlistOn-Line Store MemberlistVIP

Log in to check your private messagesActive Topic (24h)  (12h)  Log in to check your private messagesMapMemberlistTY.NET Classifieds Log in to check your private messagesTY Webmail

MemberlistTY Tech

MemberlistTY Home

MemberlistTY Forum

MemberlistATV Forum

Sly dog rubber fitment on pilot ski

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> FX Nytro General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
bluegrass
Extreme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:38 am    Post subject: Sly dog rubber fitment on pilot ski Reply with quote

I bought a set of slydog rubbers and put them in my pilot ski wright under the bolt hole there are small tabs that stick up and the rubber rocks back and fourth I put the ski on the sled put the sled on the ground left it of a few days took ski back off and there are indentation where the rubber sets on the tabs so for the ones that have used slydog rubber with pilot ski do you
Mount it and go are you taking them tabs out so the rubber set flat
Grimm
TY 4 Stroke God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I don't understand why you'd be using a Slydog ski rubber to mount a Pilot ski but yeah, cut the small tabs off the ski if the rubber isn't sitting flat.
Grimm
TY 4 Stroke God

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 4:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I now know why you used a Slydog rubber now....because doesn't make a ski rubber for Yamahas.
bluegrass
Extreme

PostPosted: Wed Oct 02, 2013 5:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

What have those that have used this set up found to be the trick
pay2play
Extreme

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Anybody running pilot 6.9s on their XTX? How did you mount them? Yamaha rubbers, Pilot rubbers, others? I'd like to hear from you too. Thanks,
dansranger
Pro

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 8:42 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

There's an old thread on here in regards to what everyone is running. If I remember they are using old mx doo rubbers.
cannondale27
Moderator Life
Moderator Life

PostPosted: Fri Nov 01, 2013 9:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes old Doo rubbers from the zx chassis. I dont know how the SlyDog rubber thing got started but I tried them also. They do not fit tight enough. ZX rubbers and a bench grinder to make them fit properly is the right way.

14Viper rtx se
Yamaheater HID lights,Larson Racing 4th Wheel kit,Pilot6.9s,FOX Float Evol X's,Ulmer Clutch kit,4strokesolutions valve
pay2play
Extreme

PostPosted: Sat Nov 02, 2013 6:54 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Great, thanks for the information. I may run 6.9 Pilots a friend wants to sell me. I'd actually prefer to stick with the Yamaha Mountain skis, but, the mounting hardware is pricey. Besides, I have an almost brand new set of deuce carbides on my renegade pilots that won't be used. This Site Rocks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> FX Nytro General Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: