TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index

FAQFAQ   SearchSearch   MemberlistMemberlist   UsergroupsUsergroups   RegisterRegister 

ProfileProfile   Log in to check your private messagesLog in to check your private messages   Log inLog in 

MemberlistPosting Rules  MemberlistTY Chat SearchYamaha Parts FinderMemberlistOn-Line Store MemberlistVIP

Log in to check your private messagesActive Topic (24h)  (12h)  Log in to check your private messagesMapMemberlistTY.NET Classifieds Log in to check your private messagesTY Webmail

MemberlistTY Tech

MemberlistTY Home

MemberlistTY Forum

MemberlistATV Forum

Jack seat for rx1 with apex seat

Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> RX General Talk
View previous topic :: View next topic  
Sly99
Veteran

PostPosted: Thu Oct 10, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Jack seat for rx1 with apex seat Reply with quote

I did a search but didn't find if a rx1 with apex seat need a apex jack seat or the rx jack seat will work. I don't want to buy the wrong one. They are not cheap.
YammyRX1
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 1:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I found that the Apex seat had about an inch of interference on the top surface with the RX-1 seat jack. I might have been able to weld an extension onto the bracket to make it work but I didn't use it much so I sold it. I'm assuming that the Apex seat jack would fit just fine but never bought one.

03 RX-1, Mono skid, Iceripper, Woody's 6" Doolys, Scratchers, Pioneer wheel kit, 13mm Swaybar, LEDs, Temp Gauge, Apex seat, Powermad Riser
Sly99
Veteran

PostPosted: Fri Oct 11, 2013 9:03 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the information, i will try to find a jack seat for apex.
stomper
TY 4 Stroke Guru

PostPosted: Mon Oct 14, 2013 11:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yes go for the apex seat jack. my wifes seat jack on her 06 attack fits my 03 RX1 with an apex seat in the exact same way it fits here attack. you may be interested in one of these then when the seat jack is not needed.

YammyRX1
VIP Member
VIP Member

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 6:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Stomper, that's a good idea. Seat Jack should come up with a few utility options that can be mounted on their brackets when not being used for a passenger.

03 RX-1, Mono skid, Iceripper, Woody's 6" Doolys, Scratchers, Pioneer wheel kit, 13mm Swaybar, LEDs, Temp Gauge, Apex seat, Powermad Riser
stomper
TY 4 Stroke Guru

PostPosted: Tue Oct 15, 2013 8:22 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah it works great. I needed some thing to carry supplies for a trip I was supposed to go on last year. I made it to use the cycleing panniers that I had from when I used to tour on my road and mountain bike. The rack that yamaha sells is garbage in my opinion. The thing I like about using the seat jack mounts is that it can be taken off in about 10 seconds when it's not needed. It also works well for a back rest for me and for my little girl when she is riding with the wife. My wife and daughter actually perfer this over the seatjack because the seatjack is too tall and scary for her. I have actualy thought of building a few and selling them but there are limited Yamahas around here. This seems to be polaris (spit) country because that is the only dealer we have in town.
Sly99
Veteran

PostPosted: Wed Oct 16, 2013 5:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That a nice setup i mind have to built something like that if i do a big trip
Post new topic   Reply to topic    TY 4 Stroke - Totallyamaha Forum Index -> RX General Talk All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1

Jump to: