• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

tors issue

jminor1

Expert
Just picked up an 08 apex and the previous owner mentioned he had some tors issues.. has anyone here had to disable the tors like on the older sleds?

TORS usually points to a throttle cable issue. There has to be some free play at the thumb throttle, if not it sets off the code and limits the rpm. If there was an after market riser put on then the cable may be to short. I had a mishap and it broke the cable housing were it mounts to the engine, so every time I took a sharp turn it would set it off. There is a process on this forum to by pass it, but I feel your better off solving the problem.

It will also flare up if your speedo side driveshaft bearing is bad....... Ask me how I know lol!

No aftermarket riser and I will be doing the shaft and bearing soon so I will check that I just know the old ones used to malfunction and I wasn't sure if that was still a problem w the newer ones or not

Viper_Dave said:
It will also flare up if your speedo side driveshaft bearing is bad....... Ask me how I know lol!

Good to know! It is hard to tell when those things go bad sometimes.

they generaly dont malfunction most likely a freeplay issue with the throttle cable can be adjusted its in the book.

I had this issue last year on my 07 apex i had just got i had no free play in throttle cable adjusted cable and all has been good since. I'd check the cable,

First thing I did when I got home with all my Yamaha's ( Nytros, Apex & Vector) was bypass the TORS.

IMO... that's what the kill switch or a tether is for.

How do you Bypass the TORS on an Apex, I know how to on my RX1 and this will be my first season with the Apex, would like to know how to bypass it just in case.

Not sure on the TORS bypass on a fuel injected sled, but here's a freeplay setting procedure for an apex. Keep in mind that the TORS is a runaway sled preventer and works all the time, not just when you remember to hook up your tether.....

Attachments

• Apex_TORS.jpg
    Apex_TORS.jpg
    60.6 KB · Views: 1,156
Where the toros wires plug into the switch on the throttle shaft , unplug , they are male / female , then plug sled side into each other ! Done

Had some snow here last night and played around with it, tors was going off a bit then stopped, there is adequate free play in the cable..

It is a simple system. If it is adjusted properly there should be no need to bypass this safety system.

Back