• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Four Wheel Kit?

Ruggybuggy

TY 4 Stroke Junkie
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2007 Phazer FX 144
What are the advantages of using a four wheel kit? My Phazer is about 75% on trail with stretches of lake runs.

Basically if you loose a wheel, you still have 3 left. More wheels keeping the track in line.

They prevent the track from trying to derail on the twistys. Plus it gives the advantage of less torque twist.

So it's a "get out of jail free" card? You could loose a rear wheel and still make it home. I've never had my track derail. You would think that would only happen on a track running loose.

So you real performance gains. I would have thought a little more top speed because of less friction on the hyfax on the one rail.

Cheap insurance and my 4 wheels lasted 11000mi without any maintenance since they all had bearings that could not be replaced. Guarantee that less wheels would not last that long.

The advantage to the fourth wheel kit is that if you catch air and land on the corner of the track and the outside wheel breaks the inside wheel will prevent the track window from grabbing the track adjuster. I have done many insurance claims for this same scenario on all brands. Yamaha leaves it out to cut costs!

If you just buy the wheel and use a pipe cutter and cut the collar and remove the width of the bearing which I think is 15 mm, you can do it for $20.00

Your right, it's $19.33 for the wheel. Do yo know for sure it's 15mm to cut off? I still have time to cancel the order.

Can't remember if it was 13 or 15 mm. I'd just bought it and calipered it.

Thanks for the link Mooseman. I did do a search before I posted but nothing came up. I tried to call them today to change the order but forgot it was Thanksgiving in the US.

Back