• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

viper diet....

yukon yamaha

TY 4 Stroke Master
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
2008 nytro custom! 2014 viper custom
Well here we go the start of a viper diet to see how far down it can go.... today I was able to pdi my machine and take a good look over it, I didn't do anything special to it until I get a few rides on it...
light weight batter and better front shocks...

sorry for the bad pick here, I wanted to drop the skid down to the bottom holes on this xtx however I was not able to get the front to line up! and with the back in place it just didn't sit right.

Got to do a little more work to the machine... installed c&a skis, lifted the tunnel into the bottom holes in the drop brackets and front of tunnel, God rid all the warning labels and reflector strips. Next up after 500 kms
Header, intake port and polish head, stroker kit, oft 3 wheel kit, pcv/ auto tune, 2.5 power claw track , drivers and some carbon fiber hood parts.

removed the sway bar last night and realized two massive holes are left, time to get a patch out!

Once the skid is dropped down there is not much room in the back until the track breaks in!

Sorry guys not sure why some of these photos are sideways.... :o|

I'm sorry, I know this is completely off topic, but does someone have the answer as to why some vipers have a protective shroud over top of the Rad as pictured above and others do not? My RTX came without.

Ontario_Viper said:
I'm sorry, I know this is completely off topic, but does someone have the answer as to why some vipers have a protective shroud over top of the Rad as pictured above and others do not? My RTX came without.

Your dealer didnt put it on, it was supposed to be added during the set up. Talk to them

Yukon,

What is the benefit of dropping the skid down to the bottom holes in the drop brackets and in the front of tunnel?

TJ

I should be able to run a 2.25 track power claw and keep the tunnel protectors in...... And we'll it looks bad assssss. But it is amazing the room it makes under the tunnel

Yukon,

No doubt it looks bad #*$&@ jacked up. Keep the build / diet report coming.

Waiting on my red XTX, dealer got call from trucker, 4 sleds being delivered tomorrow; I hope mine is one of them.

The Ballistic battery you use, it is the 12 cell EVO? No problems in the real cold with starting? Do you run a GPS or anything else full time off it?
Also, how are they in dirt bikes 300 KTM 2 smoke to be exact? They can take the beating?

Thanks, and good luck with your season.

TJ

14 XTX
07 Renegade 800 X... up for sale

Yes this is a 12 cell and I have not had any problems with these battery's in three years..... They take a beating! I moved mine last night at -25 it took a few cycles but she flashed up

A little cold up here -25 this morning,

made a patch for the sway bar link from my old nytro air box. Worked out great!

as you can see I will need to go get some real torx from down town to keep working on this machine, my Canadian tire ones are just not right (surprise)

Swapping out the 42" front end for the Cat 38" front end kit and along with ditching the sway bar is good for 3lbs 8oz in weight savings.
The 38" front end does require 17" long shocks though. Compared to the 42" wide which uses 18.6" long shocks.

I am thinking about trying the BDX smaller spindle kit for the 40" stance. I think that might do the job, I am not really feeling making my shocks shorter but if it comes to that then I will.

sway bar out and weighted (some weight will be in a layer of shrink wrap)

Back