• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

FACTORY SPEC SHEETS

cannondale27

Staff member
Vendor
Please post yours if you have it. May come in handy for all the models.

RTX SE

Attachments

• DSC00551.JPG
    DSC00551.JPG
    167 KB · Views: 1,159

At least they finally listed the weight. Seems like it is no lighter than a Nytro RTX in dry weight and heavier in curb (wet) weight likely due to the larger gas tank. There is slightly over a gallon difference between actual and rated capacities for the gas tank, I wonder what that means exactly? Can you squeeze in another gallon?

Good question about the gas tank size. An extra gallong helps quite a bit when looking to put in some long mileage riding. The 10 gallon tank they advertised last spring was one of the nice benefits of this sled, I hope the actual is as reported, 9.92 gallons.

Another thing I don't understand is how the Viper is not any lighter than a Nytro? As I recall last spring the Viper was supposed to be 20-30 lbs lighter than a Nytro. I think I even remember reading something like that on the Sled Talk Blog. The naked Viper chassis looks so much lighter than the Nytro. The rear skid looks lighter and more simple. The Viper bulkhead is stamped aluminum rather than steel tube like a Nytro, so it should be a lot lighter.

This is disappointing to me. The 6 model year old Ski-doo 1200 is still lighter than a brand new Viper. It is listed at 507 lbs dry for the TNT model on the website.
http://www.ski-doo.com/Files/en-US/Mode ... f#zoom=100

think I read somewhere that it needs the air in the tank to keep things flowing... said not to exceed the recommended volume. Kinda annoyed me too.

XTX Specs

XTX Specs, not sure how to get the picture in here rather than the downloadable pdf, sorry.

TJ

Attachments

• XTX Specs.pdf
    53.5 KB · Views: 660
I didn't get a picture, but the certificate of origin with my 2014 RTX says SAE HP 94. Could the 94 HP be a measurement at the track?

Another thing I don't understand is how the Viper is not any lighter than a Nytro? As I recall last spring the Viper was supposed to be 20-30 lbs lighter than a Nytro. I think I even remember reading something like that on the Sled Talk Blog. The naked Viper chassis looks so much lighter than the Nytro. The rear skid looks lighter and more simple. The Viper bulkhead is stamped aluminum rather than steel tube like a Nytro, so it should be a lot lighter.

This is disappointing to me. The 6 model year old Ski-doo 1200 is still lighter than a brand new Viper. It is listed at 507 lbs dry for the TNT model on the website.
http://www.ski-doo.com/Files/en-US/Mode ... f#zoom=100

Trying not to turn this into another weight thread, so do a search here and find the actual values. The Viper is much lighter than the Nytro, not just an opinion I weighed both in my garage with same scales.

Back