• We are no longer supporting TapaTalk as a mobile app for our sites. The TapaTalk App has many issues with speed on our server as well as security holes that leave us vulnerable to attacks and spammers.

Review: Camoplast Crossover track

Mooseman

I'm not all knowing. Post your question in forum.
Country
Canada
Snowmobile
'07 Venture MP (gone)
'07 Phazer FX (gone)
'09 Phazer GT (gone)
'10 RS Venture GT (My current ride)
'10 Nytro FX (son's)
I just installed a brand new Crossover track (smoking hot deal at $400 off Kijiji) on my MP. Dimensions are 15" x 144" x 1.5". I am losing an inch in width as my original Ripsaw was 16" x 144" x 1.25". It had lost a few lugs (all down the middle oddly enough) and one spot I could see the fiberglass layer. At 8000 km, I thought it would have lasted longer but I guess tracks aren't made well enough.

All I can say is WOW! I used to be able to break my track loose on groomed trails easily with the fun flipper on the Ripsaw but now she just goes. Turning is actually kinda fun now as it didn't slide the rear as much but just enough to make it enjoyable. Off trail on loose powder, great traction and moves this heavy sled very well. Although we don't have enough snow to get stuck at the moment, I am confident that with the slightly narrower track, I didn't lose that much floatation and if I did, the longer lugs will get me out anyway.

Besides, I couldn't find anything except a 16" x 144" x 2" Challenger, which is for deep powder. It wouldn't have been useable on trail. And I wasn't going to pay Yamaha close to $1000 for the 16" Ripsaw! I even contacted TracksUSA and even they can't get a hold of that track. Must be a back room deal Yamaha has with Camoplast.

So the Crossover on the MP/VL is a ;)!

Yep I like mine a lot too - I couldn't believe how much difference a 1/4" extra lug makes but I guess it's a different pattern as well. It hooks up much better and makes the sled quicker for sure.

Back